Hondo's Bar

R.I.P. Gene Colan

The NZA

24qld8w.jpg

Happened a few days back, but i just found out...to be honest, i mostly know him for hsi Daredevil work, though his wiki made me realize he was also why i thought Tomb of Dracula was so awesome. You know how some artists were highly influential, but their style looks kinda dated now? He's one of the guys i thought kinda danced around that a bit; his work looks classic to me, but in a really sharp way, not a hokey one...i guess it's hard to explain, i used to think he must've seemed ahead of his time in the day. Really talented artist, sad to see him go... :ded:

6h84nl.jpg

I really liked Gene Colan. RIP. His run on Howard the Duck has moments of brilliance, and it always looked weird to me whenever they had a fill in artist, since they were almost always obviously inferior.

I guess this means he'll never be accepting my friend request? :sad:

wiki made me realize he was also why i thought Tomb of Dracula was so awesome. You know how some artists were highly influential, but their style looks kinda dated now? He's one of the guys i thought kinda danced around that a bit; his work looks classic to me, but in a really sharp way, not a hokey one...i guess it's hard to explain, i used to think he must've seemed ahead of his time in the day. Really talented artist, sad to see him go... :ded:

100% agreed, I always loved his style and the fact that it was old school but not...crap

:troll: