Hondo's Bar

OpenPandora

Lorelei

Talking from experience, very few games for snes/megadrive/nes work very well emulating them on the DS - for numerous reasons: screen refresh rate, size, processor speed, and the strain it puts on the battery life, and youcan't fit very many on the average cart.

Also consider stuff like the R4 was stamped on by Nintendo really quickly, so development for DS emulation seems a waste of time for most people, as so few have access to flashcarts.

I wanna hear more opinions on the device from you guys.

Well, speaking from experience, you must have had a shitty R4 card. Are you talking about those things that went in the GBA slot on the DS model from like 5 years ago? Sorry brah, I'm living in the present. I haven't seen that GBA slot in years.

I'm talking about an R4 SD card. 32gb holds more ROMS than I'll ever need instant access to on the go, shit runs great. Emulation community is thriving. No impact on battery life that I've ever noticed.

Next?

http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/wiki/index.php?title=SNEmulDS_Compatibility_List

This is the best SNES emulator for DS.

"Some games are buggy, some totally unplayable, sound glitches, graphical glitches galore, but you can actually play a few games on this at a good speed with no problems."

Scaling issues for Genesis/megadrive roms.

Let's see you play PS1 and N64 games on it. OpenPandora is a PC.

Next?

Best my asshole. DSTWO runs SNES and flawlessly and jEnesis scales fine on the 3DS, and there are better cards than the one I have.

This thing may be a shitty little PC, but they're sure as hell proud of it and the main selling point seems to be playing old games on the go. Everything else is just shit people do on their phones. All for the price of a laptop, but with considerably less processing power.

All I'm sayin' is the 3DS + R4 = $189. If you wanna pay another $300+ for a Playstation, go for it. Seems silly to me.

Yeah can't account for PS1, but my Acekard & DSlite play everything else flawlessly. I have a phone and a tablet for all other PC-related wants. And not for nothing, but I stopped using button-QWERTYs that size around the time of the Nokia e71.

For someone without a PC, a phone made after 2007 or a DS, this'd probably be a good choice though.

if you have a hacked PSP (pretty cheap these days), you already have the best PSX emulator ever made.

flawless, with a screen much more forgiving of dated graphics. seriously, try playing Silent Hill 1 on anything else.

3DS is about 5 hours with 3D turned up, about 8 with it off. I toss it in the cradle whenever I'm not using it, so I haven't really had an issue yet. I can see it being a problem for people that actually play it when they're out and about though.

I had forgotten about the PSP, that thing is a little beast. Getting fairly cheap to, since it's soon to be replaced. No idea what the battery life on those are.

Archived