Hondo's Bar

Johnny Depp

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What about From Hell? Or Benny and Joon? As far as Depp's mvies go, it's not about the quality of the film overall, but the quality of his performance. Which is nothing short of stellar. I did go for Fear and Loathing, I mean, he (as well as Benicio Del Toro) did a fucking fantastic job! And it was funny as hell...better than Where the Buffolo Roam, and it stuck real close to the book. There's nothing worse than reading a fantastic book, and then having Hollywood make a fucking terrible film based on it.

Yeah, I thought he did a great job in From Hell, too...but, ah, there can never be a perfect poll when there's only ten choices. The Fear and Loathing performances was brilliant, but I think that'll get enough votes, so mine's going to Sleepy Hollow, just cause he cracks me up everytime I watch that movie. "It was a headless horseman! A headless horseman! No, you don't understand, it was a horseman...headless!"

I didn't see From Hell, but I did see this E! special where they were interviewing celebrities (hey I know, hard to believe), and when they were talking with a celebrity, in the caption it would have the celebrity's name, and below it, the last movie s/he was a part of. So they were talking to Heather Graham and her caption was Heather Graham From Hell. I nearly choked laughing. Anyway, I did the best I could witht he poll, but I don't remember hearing anything one way or another about his performance in From Hell.

Did a great accent...Essex i think...or maybe Sussex, I can't remember which my friend Mathew was from, but that particular region pronounces their th's as f's. (i.e Caflics=Catholics, Froat=throat) It's more subtle than that, but that's the general idea..

Yeah, he did do a pretty much flawless accent (certainly a bit better than Heather Graham's) and he did his usual great job with the role. Unfortunately the film didn't require too much out of him, but even so it was exceptional.

But it prolly wasn't memorable enough to make it to this poll, so 's ok. I am surprised you didn't mention Donnie Brasco, though.