Hondo's Bar

Hondo's The Video Game

Mortiis558

So what are you guys wishlists for a game? Do you like the castle flipping in SoTN? Or just when you thought you beat the bad guy it turns out he was really the good guy and now you have to destroy the real bad guy? Or the Light and Dark world of Zelda? Or the young boy world/Grown up world of Ocarina of Time?

Long story short I would love to include two worlds, maybe even three or more if we could make it work out right. There is a dualistic nature to everything so I would like to get away from that, maybe blur the lines of who is good and who is bad.

As for setting I have been on a Sci-Fi kick lately so something futuristic would be good with me. It doesn't have to be eons into the future, it could just be like 20XX like some games do. But I think a futuristic setting would be a good one. Gives us room to work with genres and any ideas we come up with. Or we could pull the whole Star Wars thing, "Long time ago, Galaxy Far away" and still have it be futuristic in comparison with the world today. Or a Fallout type thing where it is the future but not everything is futuristic.

I have also been reading a series about these Trains that basically travel on light rails and can go faster than the speed of light. I would like to incorporate that as the travel method between the different worlds. Can also make a "level" aboard the train.

I always thought a game set in the Dancers at the End of Time setting had possibilities. In a nutshell, it's so far in the future that the remaining human population have created these rings that turn anything they can think of into reality. not so much in a Green Lantern sense, but physically creating or changing things permanently, including altering their physiology so they're all immortal.

They find the barren earth and it's red giant sun boring and distasteful, so they're just constantly living in this crazy acid trip reality, and every persons little "part" of the world is completely different.

Natch! And everybody else. It's just a setting where anything is possible with very little explanation. It can also be something you don't discover until later in the game.

Now, if I had a ton of money, time, people and know-how, I would make a Chronicles of Amber game. It could do something totally new with traveling, where it isn't a direction, it's just distance. Like, lets say you wanted to go to Shadow World X, you select it and then you just start walking.

Any direction, and the world slowly shifts as you walk through shadows that resemble it more and more until you're there. It isn't a matter of space, just distance. And you might find somewhere really cool between "here" and "there" in the process, secret areas that you have to be going from X to Y in order to stumble on. And of course chaos is out there on the fringe. It's like an invisible wall. Go too far and shit just keeps getting more hellish and crazy until some demon the size of a freight train pops out and kills you.

It would also lend itself well to some cool combat. It has a built in hub city and the plot is already written! Someone should do this.

Archived