Hondo's Bar

The War Z Fraud Saga

Keth

The War Z saga

A bunch of crazy shit going on there.

Wiki for The War Z was sending me to Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing heh

You're not allowed to make posts on War Z's Steam message board about why you quit.

The rules, as laid out by a moderator who goes by the handle Kewk, are a little intense:

LwvCn.png

Some crafty players have found ways to circumvent this.

Check out this message, screencapped by a NeoGAFfer.

qUoNu.png

(Stumped? Try reading it vertically.)

Well, yeah. But you can play the "ripoff" card concerning any number of awesome games. As cool as Day Z is...it's still ARMA. Kiiiinda clunky.

Game Informer had a write up on this. Pretty glowing, natch (hands off, in their defense though, if I recall correctly). I didn't know it was so close to launch.

goes to look up totalbiscuit video

Well yes but from what I understand this is the proper definition of ripoff. It's like those cheap toys of popular brands made in foreign contries where it might be a Batman toy but maybe it's got an extra arm or comes packaged with and LBJ figure for no real reason. This is the Robertcop or Spader-man of zombie survival games.

I've had this in the background for awhile now

http://youtu.be/RtKAm3nzg6I

And yeah, you're right.

He does seem to have a chip on his shoulder going in. The graphics don't look that bad.

But the chip is quickly justified. My god, what a mess.

He rightfully points out that Day Z is also pretty awful, but it's also an alpha AND it's free, sooooo.

cant believe you're talking about War-Z and leaving off the best bits:

- new TOS update denying refunds

- valve intervened this morning to stop forum bannings when refunds where asked on steam, "investigating"

- last i heard, 1 hour "respawn" window was pushed to 4 hours unless you paid real money to spawn earlier, that part is amazing

i wonder if it's still the # 1 seller? time to go look this stuff up

heh. more!

WarZ-LoL-ToS.jpg

War-Z-Ban.png

The lie about this title being developed as a zombie game in advance of Day Z.

Repurposing a game that's already in development and pivoting to capitalize on the new hotness isn't necessarily a bad thing.

RMZvN.jpg

What's shady is acting like you were doing it along. Ye Olde Internet will dig up the truth whether you like it or not.

gvHBsh.jpg

The rest of the gallery can be found here.

WFdum.jpg

New pricing

SWKi0.jpg

The War Z is a Survival Horror MMO that immerses players in a zombie-infested, post-apcalyptic world in which a viral outbreak has decimated the human population leaving in its wake, a nightmare of epic proportion.

A Huge Persistent World: The War Z is an open world game. Each world has areas between 100 to 400 square kilometers.

Explore, Scavenge, Kill, Survive: You are one of the few survivors and must navigate the desolate countryside exploring cities and scavenging for items.

Play with Friends: Hundreds of Servers to Play on and you can also rent and create Public or Private Servers allocating spots for Friends or Clans.

No Classes, No Levels, No Caps: Create your own survival campaign, gain experience points and spend it to learn dozen of available skills

Two modes of Play: Normal and Hardcore

Combination of First-Person and Third Person Perspectives

Meld of PVE(Player versus Environment) and PVP (Player versus Player)

Safe Settlements where Players can Purchase, Sell and Store items as well a post notes for other players

Up to 100 Players per Game Server

Dedicated Public Servers as well as Private Servers

Single Purchase, Downloadable Client with ability to play the full game without subscriptions or requiring in-game transactions

“From time to time a mistake can be made and one was made by prematurely issuing a copy of War Z for sale via Steam. We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build. Those who purchase the game and wish to continue playing it via Steam may do so. Those who purchased the title via Steam and are unhappy with what they received may seek a refund by creating a ticket at our support site here.

Again, we apologize any inconvenience.”

bout time. im out of the loop today, when did valve finally do right by this? cant imagine the emails gaben must've woken up to.

Early Wednesday.

There is something interesting showing up if you check the “United States Patent and Trademark Office” website for the “War Z” trademark that has been registered by OP Productions.

The trademark application by OP Productions for the name “War Z” has been SUSPENDED because the trademark office feels that the name is too similar to the name of Paramount Pictures upcoming movie “World War Z”.

*The trademark was only filled in July 2012, further evidence pointing towards that this game has been in development for only 6 months.

*They have received the suspension letter on 15th November 2012 already, so they know for over a month now that their name has to be changed.