Hondo's Bar

Saints Row IV

Keth

Press release

In the next open-world installment of Saints Row, Deep Silver Volition continues the story of the Third Street Saints by elevating their status to the highest level - the leaders of the free world. In Saints Row IV, the head honcho of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States. But the Saints are just getting started. Now the larger-than-life insanity of the Saints series gets a new twist with a catastrophic alien invasion, and the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation. Wield gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak's mental grasp. Escape the simulation that's trapped the Saints crew, or die trying.

Saints Row IV lets players delve into an arsenal of alien weaponry and technology that will turn each Saint into an ultimate entity of destruction. Utilize out-of-this-world superpowers to fight all the way to the top. With intensified action and enhanced customization, players can use their newfound superpowers and leap over buildings, outrun the fastest sports cars, or send enemies flying with telekinesis in the greatest, most insane installment of Saints Row yet.

Save the world, Saints Style."

5P9HnKz.gif

• 2 months later...

I'm kinda disappointed:

1. They didn't go to next gen

2. This was apparently supposed to be a dlc for 3...

Don't wanna pay 60 for sumthin worth 20, tho I'm sure they'll stretch it. Nevertheless I'll wait for reviews.

Didn't realise this to be the case though it makes sense when they all but segued straight into it from 3, having said that though SR3 was a decently-sized game and the DLC content was suitably impressive. Another add-on would've been overkill IMO, and playing as the president of the US is going to allow for a lot of unique missions, hopefully in the same humour vein(read: puple and veiny) as the last two.

What's great for me is, they're carrying on with the superpowers bit from the Trouble with Clones DLC. I was inconsolable when I realised I couldn't access that super-energy drink ability outside of the mission pack.

Oh, and now that's i've seen the dubstep gun in action this is preordered

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Monday July 29th - Saints Row IV classified Refused Classification in Australia

A three-member panel of the Classification Review Board has unanimously determined that the computer game Saints Row IV is classified Refused Classification.

In the Review Board’s opinion, Saints Row IV could not be accommodated within the R 18+ classification as drug use related to incentives and rewards is not permitted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...