Hondo's Bar

Torso1.jpg

David Fincher to direct Bendis' "Torso"! :ohface:

Ive wanted to see more of this director, and this book finally adapted, too. This is awesome.

Gist of it:

Well that's gone, but looks like it's going ahead through a different route. Must get round to reading this one.

David Lowery To Adapt Brian Michael Bendis And Marc Andreyko's TORSO

77804.jpg

David Lowery has signed up to write and direct the big screen adaptation of Brian Michael Bendis (Guardians of the Galaxy) and Marc Andreyko's (Captain America and Bucky) Torso. Read on for details on the project.

Josh Wilding - 4/18/2013

298rywqoui.jpg

Despite spending a decade in development hell, a big screen adaptation of Brian Michael Bendis and Marc Andreyko's Torso is finally moving ahead according to The Hollywood Reporter. David Lowery, who recently received a great deal of critical film for Sundance film Ain't Them Bodies Saints, will write and direct the graphic novel which was released in the late 90s. According to the site, it tells: "The true story of Elliot Ness' time after his Al Capone days, when he moved to Cleveland and got embroiled in the hunt of serial killer who was leaving torsos in the river and taunting notes to police." David Fincher was at one point attached to direct, but his desire to shoot the movie in black and white and the high budget meant that Paramount scrapped the film and the rights eventually ended up reverting to Bendis and Andreyko. It will now instead be a lower budget indie movie that, "will aim to be a high-minded, period serial killer movie."

Read more at http://www.comicbook...8UfVYlksqLYQ.99

Whenever I hear torso in reference to a book, I always think of Johnny Got His Gun, where the dude basically ends up a living torso. Dalton Trumbo did an amazing job with that book. This case sounds interesting but I don't wanna read about people being killed and then left to find as a torso, yuck.

NZA- Powers got Robert Patric and a pilot(it'll be satisfied when it gets a Starbuck).

Star- I haven't brought myself to rea the book, but the movie is one of the most depressing things I ever saw. The Trumbo novel sits there on my shelf, daring me to pick it up. On Torso though, it's based on a true story and is more or less anagolous to Jack The Ripper except they totally fucking know who the torso killer was.