Hondo's Bar

Dad of War

Keth

Played a few hours so far and it maintains the pace of the previous games' combat while making the fights feel more personal with the close up Cam.  

I'll put a gameplay video of the first boss fight up on the hondos group PS page for anyone on the fence.  If you notice my gameplay is spuds McKenzie I'm blaming the religious holiday I'm observing(and it ain't Hitler's birthday). 

The aforementioned cap feel comes from the blocking/parrying shield mechanic combined with throwing the leviathan axe(with dedicated recall input) - complete with satisfying haptic feedback when it lands back in your hand.  

In hindsight the mechanic is more fitting to Thor and mjolnir but the pacing of combat feels more cap than powerhouse Thor. 

There's not a lot to spoil so far,  Story wise but the slow trickle of info is fine and building plenty of intrigue. If you notice my early impressions are spuds McKenzie I'm blaming the religious holiday I'm observing(and it ain't Hitler's birthday). 

20 hours ago, Axels said:

Welp just got through the credits, and I've already got money spent on the next game. This is how you sequel.

How many hours did you spend? It feels like a bloody huge game and if it's not not on the switch I barely get time to play. 

Oh maybe 12-13 hours? It IS a huge game, but inly if you make it so. I more or less played it like the previous entries, MOSTLY going for the main objective. I really wanted to see what happened. I dont wanna spoil anything either, so all I can say is keep pushing through the main story. It compulsively kept me needing to see what's next. It's so perfectly paced.

• Really Like 1