Hondo's Bar

X-Men: Gold & Blue (relaunch)

The NZA

xmengold.jpgxmenblue.jpg

marvel

"Extinction is no longer staring them in the face, so the X-Men can exhale and turn their attention back to doing what’s defined them since the beginning: Protecting a world that hates and fears them. These new titles won’t cast the X-Men as members of a species fighting for their survival but rather as big, bright, colorful super heroes who want to demonstrate to the world that they want to walk with them hand-in-hand into the future. They’ll have costumes with capes, a school, and softball games. Oh, there will be softball games. The goal is to tell exciting new X-Men stories while keeping an eye on the tropes and touchstones that longtime X-Men fans cherish."

xmenlogos.jpg?1477080997?

"bububut they're killing the xmen!!"

no idea how iceman & jean carry solo books, but i'll read cable. that Gen X one better not be playing with my emotions, though...

16+Generation+X.png

• 1 month later...

Creative Teams, Lineups and Covers announced for X-Men Blue and X-Men Gold relaunch

CkQWzZu.jpg?1

X-Men: Gold will be written by Marc Guggenheim with art by Ardian Syaf. The phase-shifting Kitty Pryde at long-last will become an X-Men team leader, whose squad includes Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Old Man Logan, and Rachel Grey.

XMenBLUE-Teaser-720x1106.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=720&h=1106&fit=crop

X-Men: Blue will be written by Cullen Bunn with art by Jorge Molina. The roster will consist of the five original, time-displaced X-Men: leader Jean Grey, Cyclops, Iceman, Beast and Angel. The twist? With Professor X dead, their mentor will be the greatest enemy of their time, Magneto.

not doing much for me, but there it is

Cullen Bunn will always at least get me to give a book a chance but I'm so fucking bored of the fucking X-Men right now. Aside from the time-displaced X-teenagers, Old Man Logan, and Wolver-X23 I have no interest reading about them and their stupid petty exploits. I don't have any special love for the Inhumans but they're a lot more tolerable right now than the mutants.

yeah, staying with OML but i dunno, the time-displaced teens still feel like bendis' lack of a plan, other than having scott & jean on a team again somehow - and even then, since i decided to waste some time with Death of X, i don't even feel really great about some of that either.

I get that there's no direction to them but aside from Beast, the original X-Men are so fucked up that they can never be fixed. This is a nice way to bring a likable Cyclops back to the Marvel universe (did you ever check out that solo series with him hanging out in space with Corsair? It's great.) I'm also loving subtext becoming text by having an elderly Wolverine hang out with the teenage version of the woman he was madly in love with.

• 2 months later...

cover for issue # 4 went up

X-Men-Blue-4-full.jpg

...gotta say, if 616 wolvy is back, i'm not gonna be super hyped...Old Man Logan's been way more interesting.

in related X-news, the Inhumas vs X-Men book i'm not gonna read already has an event following it:

Screenshot-330.png

over/under on who's back? Xavier could be cool

far more likely

4LbhqtE.jpg