Hondo's Bar

The Disney Afternoon Collection

Newtype

Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced The Disney Afternoon Collection, a compilation of six games that feature beloved Disney TV characters from the 80s and 90s in fun-filled adventures. The beautifully restored classic games feature crisp 1080p HD support and include all-new modes that can be enjoyed by first-time players and long-time fans. The Disney Afternoon Collection will be available as a digital download across North America and Europe for $19.99 / £15.99 / €19.99 starting on April 18, 2017 on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC.

Players will be able to relive their childhood afternoons with Disney and explore these pieces of gaming history with classics including:

Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers – This classic lets players team up with a friend in co-op play as they assume the roles of the mischievous Chip and Dale as they take on memorable villain Fat Cat and attempt to solve the mystery of a missing kitten.

Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Fat Cat has escaped and his plans are even more dastardly this time. The titular heroes and supporting cast Monterey Jack, Gadget, and Zipper must stop Fat Cat from his evil dream of world domination!

Darkwing Duck – Play as the original caped crusader and fight a city full of criminals from the infamous F.O.W.L. organization in this action-packed platforming epic.

DuckTales – In this iconic platforming adventure, players help Scrooge McDuck fill his feathery pockets with vast riches from across the world.

DuckTales 2 – The sequel to the original game comes jam-packed with more action and an even bigger caper set in new locations like the Bermuda Triangle and Niagara Falls!

TaleSpin – Take to the skies as Baloo the bear navigates his plane through exotic and dangerous locations in this side-scrolling shoot-em-up.

All six games are new and improved HD versions of the originals and feature a number of filtering options that replicate a classic retro look and feel. This collection also offers new ways to play with Boss Rush and Time Attack modes for each game. In Boss Rush mode, players battle through challenging boss encounters consecutively, while Time Attack mode encourages time-based gameplay and provides online leaderboards that track the fastest times for each game. A new “Rewind” feature makes these challenging titles more accessible for newcomers, with the option to rewind time and enjoy a swift recovery from blunders. Additionally, the in-game Disney Museum will provide history buffs with a wealth of content to celebrate the era of the original releases, such as concept art, advertisements, character art, and music – all preserved in their original glory.

damn, that's got Nemo written all over it

helluva package - a lotta classics, plus their much rarer sequels (ive still yet to play ducktales 2 or rescue rangers 2), and as a mega man fan it's awesome seeing darkwing duck make the cut! not gonna lie, i'm ass at platformers so that rewind option sounds neat.

wish we got it on a disc (maybe later?) but this is really cool.

Am I dreaming? Am I awake right now?!

I'll be back down there in July for 2 weeks - we gotta do Rescue Rangers! Hopefully they improved the co-op mode - like, maybe a 'Continue option' for the 2nd Player if he dies mid-stage and 1st Player passes the level. (Like, Panch n' me's run...I blame the cat) Co-op mode ends real quick in that game - but it's also the most fun!

Ducktales Remastered's unlockable Bonus stuff was awesome: loads of concept art, actual animation cells, Original and Remixed music...the unlockables alone in HD x 6 are worth 20 bucks.

Cons? I know Little Mermaid wasn't considered a part of the Disney Afternoon - but it had it's own series and the NES game was freakin' awesome. Also - this actually hurts - why is something like THIS...NOT on Nintendo?! SERIOUSLY?! What possible reason could there be why this isn't on Wii U or Switch?

^ Way better than Tailspin, for sure. Hell, I'm gonna give it a play-through this weekend. LOL - I'll post a victory pic when I beat it. It's been awhile.

Glad I'm not alone on the madness of these games not being on a Nintendo...anything! This dude makes a case for the reason being - essentially, the un-defined nature of Nintendo's future VC - and whatever it's whole online functionality is gonna be. Makes sense.

If we can finish NES Contra - online...

f1436ab5ce0f0e02c5b32954e26de384.jpg

"...we sooo gotta exchange Friend Codes."

b2e6596f63f1c8e6dc193798a7b4bbd0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hell, I'm gonna give it a play-through this weekend. LOL - I'll post a victory pic when I beat it. It's been awhile.

tumblr_oo0k9lA7gK1vndct2o1_540.jpg

tumblr_oo0jnnYLJu1vndct2o1_540.jpg

tumblr_oo0jpzfdhd1vndct2o1_540.jpg

tumblr_oo0jufTMxf1vndct2o1_540.jpg

I just breezed through it - think it's 'cuz I know it so well. Even then - Lil' Mermaid is kinda really freakin' easy. Gameplay is fun as hell, tho - and the sound foundation would totally benefit from an amped-up sequel or a 'Remaster' treatment like NES Ducktales did (update and tweak the levels). It would totally look sick in HD - as is, you can beat it w/out breaking a sweat, but solid game design. Shame it never went anywhere.

Maybe they chose Tailspin 'cuz they got plans to bring it back? Like they did w/ Ducktales? Jungle Book 2 is on the way - maybe they just wanna keep Tailspin / Jungle Book relevant.

• Upvote 1

Thank you, sir! Wish I knew how to capture gameplay footage - I bet I could do a no-damage speed-run. I was totally able to when I was younger, felt like I could still do it.

I used to also be able to beat 'Little Nemo' in my sleep - but that game's later levels are freakin' brutal for me, now. You know what? Fuck it - I'm gonna own 'Little Nemo', again...I'll share on the 'Gaming Journal'.

il_570xN.259905297.jpg

ffgfhfdgh.jpg

^ Needs to be on Nintendo!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

http://thekingdominsider.com/funko-reveals-disney-afternoon-mystery-minis-figures/

FUNKO POP UNVEILS 'DISNEY AFTERNOON' MINI FIGS

FunkoDisneyAfternoonMysteryMinis001-436x500.jpg

jpeg-2.jpg

Gamestop, Hot Topic and Toys R Us are getting their own batch of exclusives.

fY95Ze7.jpg

472.gif

I was gonna post this in the Toy Box Blargh - but this roster / line seems to be themed on just the games included in the 'Disney Afternoon HD Collection': Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers and Tailspin.

No sign of Gummi Bears, Gargoyles or Goof Troop. Maybe in another wave. Hopefully in another wave. I'd love to have a lil Gummi Bears set...

A-New-Beginning-disneys-adventures-of-the-gummi-bears-17514697-1115-850.jpg

...and Gargoyles...perched on my shelf. Super sweet.

gargoyles_disney_01.jpg

• 1 year later...