Hondo's Bar

Keth

The Rep System  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

HZ5bD7N.gif

Soooooo I couldn't find a hard topic on this (And the search function is actually working so I know it ain't there!). 

I know at the moment normal members get one vote a day, mods get 3 (right?). It's been like this since it started and I know NZA has a pretty hardline stance on this. 

However.... I really think we should get rid of the limit. NO NOT SO I CAN GET MORE, HEAR ME OUT> 

This update is pretty significant, and now with blogs back and those cool little reaction symbols, I think one a day just restricts interaction too much. I think with the lack of a limit, that will encourage more posting and board discussion. Plus the use of features like blogs. This is just me though of course. Maybe I'm way off base here. Just throwing this out there! I think it's a good time to bring it back up though. Curious for thoughts, pros and cons. 

i mainly opposed making a meta-game of it (eyes the new leaderboards), but as long as people aren't being passive-aggressive or overly obsessed with it, i'm not against expanding it as a form of expression.

what i'm unclear about is: not all of them actually affect rep.  the ones that don't, are you still limited on giving those?  here's what they do (strange that it's not clearer):

JwFp3Q9.png

(downvote's obviously a neg) 

Yeah testing out the "confused" face. I've already used my 3 for the day, and that doesn't work. 

9 minutes ago, The NZA said:

i mainly opposed making a meta-game of it (eyes the new leaderboards), but as long as people aren't being passive-aggressive or overly obsessed with it, i'm not against expanding it as a form of expression.

This I totally get, however I think that having it limited only reinforces that. Who is special enough to get that one vote? What kind of post should I make in order to get somebody's +1? (Hello art gallery!) Making it unlimited eliminates that sort of thinking (I promise I'm just not fishing for your upvotes *MOST DAYS*). 

To keep it from getting passive aggressive, then I would say keep negs at a limit or just get rid of it. That said, sometimes we need to be put in check. Knowing the community though? There are pretty much only good apples here. 

• Upvote 1