Hondo's Bar

Microsoft is looking into acquiring EA says reliable source close to Microsoft

The NZA

polygon

Some of the names being thrown around as possible acquisitions by Microsoft are, frankly, astounding, even unthinkable. But the fact that they are doing the rounds is instructive. The most recent one we heard (from a reliable source close to Microsoft) was, in fact, Electronic Arts. We also heard a whisper about Valve and about Korean outfit PUBG Corp., which Microsoft last year signed to a timed exclusive for its hit survival shooter, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.

EA is a mess these days, and even with bioware, there's not much they put out that's at all on my radar...still, this could be huge 

15 hours ago, alive she cried said:

Yeah, except I just bought a PS4 on all ya'll's recommendation. Shit my fucking hat.

if i had to guess, we'd be on the PS5 before anything like this actually goes down - nevermind how much $ it would cost MS to keep those exclusive league licenses while leaving all that money on the table from playstation sales

in that scenario i could see maybe timed exclusives, if that?  but no one's locking 100 million sales out - i mean, they bought minecraft and that still goes on everything