Hondo's Bar

A Quiet Place

I'll be honest, I wasn't really into this for a good third of the movie. But when it picks up and gets running its really exciting.

Somebody had to be a symbiote fan when they were making those creature designs

I hear sequel talk, but I really don't know what they can do differently here. A prequel in the other hand would be alot of fun.

Edited by Axels

Yeah, sequel would be meh. Showing what led up to that would be great.

And sure it wasn't perfect, but a damn good horror flick in a world of Truth or Dares and Happy Death Days. You literally don't breathe for certain parts.

Stuff that bothered me:

Electricity a year into the apocalypse? Nah. Also, how irresponsible can you be having a kid in this new world?

Two minor gripes, but overall I really loved it. The acting was amazing. Characterization was great. The world building was cool.

Having exposition through newspaper headlines and magazine covers was cool too. A little hokey, but smart not having to focus too much on backstory and letting the actors do their thing.

• Like 1

Loved this film. It's not perfect, but it has everything I want in a good suspense film. Some friends I saw it with hated the ending, but I dug it. Home run for Krasinski. I hope he directs a sequel with a bigger budget...

I wanna see who was lighting those other fires. Also, what are the cities like? I could also be up for a prequel--the first 50 days or something like that.

Oh Panch I didnt get a chance to ask... That million dollar pile of snacks? Did y'all even get to eat that? I went in the middle of the day, so only like people were in my theater. I ordered food and could only eat it during scenes where music was playing or it just happened to get loud.... Which wasn't often! I forget how you can hear everything in movie theaters when it gets that quiet.

Edited by Axels

Something you may not know about me: I have this neurotic fear of getting to anything/where late. I will get to a place up to MORE THAN A HOUR (ask Nick) just to not be late. In the case of the Quiet Place viewing, we were there a half hour early (plus 30 mins of previews) and had plenty of time to eat snacks before the film.

BONUS: I also refuse to eat while watching a movie. Sure, sometimes I'll have some popcorn and take sips from a drink (I'm terrified to drink too much in a theater because I WILL NOT GET UP TO PEE UNTIL AFTER THE FILM), but if it's a Marvel movie or something where I have to pay very close attention? Forget it. Crunching on food or reaching over to grab a drink, I might miss some Easter egg or something.