Hondo's Bar

Pandemic Gaming Journal

Keth

HOO BOY 

Knee deep into AC: New Horizons right now. I'm seriously thinking about buying Doom Eternal because it looks fucking amazing. FF7 is a guaranteed buy from me.

But what's this right in the fucking middle of it all?

Persona 5: Royal.

I'm not making this thread to make light of the current state of the world. It's ugly and it sucks. But our free time is expanding it seems, and I thought this would be a good time to share some positives. What are y'all playing or plan on playing? I'M TALKIN TO YOU STILLY. How is Doom Eternal?

Oh fuck, I forgot about about Resident Evil: Nemesis!

Edited by Axels
  • Like 2

yeah, that RE3 demo is just sitting there now too...

PSN & eshop had big sales recently, ran through donut county and had a blast - data east dumped chunks of their arcade library under Johnny Turbo or something like that, got super burger time, bad dudes, night thrashes and sly spy (fun rolling thunder clone) for less than $3 each 

it's all animal crossing for me now, with a few cheap dreamcast pickups sprinkled in. i went back to boot up my gamecube AC and villagers welcomed me back after....16 years. it's all roaches and weeds there now, and memories.

FFVII demo got me so hyped, put the steelbox on preorder at gamestop (here's hoping they're still a thing after all this) and kept debating finally replaying the old game, which i haven't touched since beating it at the end of '97! even found the old versus books guide I'd used back then online, which got destroyed in the dorms in the day & caused me to keep a loan list for years after :LOL:

i really can't be spending right now, so this is prolly it for me for a while to come 

• Like 1
  • Really Like 1

Doom Eternal review:

rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and

5b8WLhI.gif

is good game - lotsa unlockables - so much doom

bMFHDWd.jpg

Edited by Stilly
  • Really Like 1

Half-Life: Alyx is overwhelming. Being in those environments is absolutely astounding. The level of care and obvious love for the material is evident. I want to take my time with this game and dissect it, piece by piece. I don't even know how to describe it, I got chills when the game started.

It is the single greatest VR experience I've come across thus far, and is a piece of art.

• Wow! 1

damn!  high praise. 

id meant to check back in the VR thread for a minute, i loved Rez & dug RE7 but i'd been hearing more interesting things here & there on other titles, nothing on that level though.  i tend to assume VR games are on the short end...any idea how much content is there? 

back to AC i go, quietly hoping FFVIIR doesn't get delayed

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The NZA said:

any idea how much content is there? 

They've said that it's the length of Half-Life 2, so quite a bit.

I had to stop again because it scared me. Like, the zombies and headcrabs are unsettling enough when they're freaking life sized, but then they had to go and add a "find a flashlight and walk through the pitch black sewers" section. I made it about as far as my adrenaline would let me. I'll pick it back up tomorrow but God damn is it good.

Also, you can pick up markers and draw on things. Sent this screenshot to my office mate:

sJsW97m.jpg

Edited by Stilly
  • Wow! 2