Hondo's Bar

Nosferatu

Collider: Anya Taylor-Joy reuniting with director Robert Eggers (The Witch, The Lighthouse) on Nosferatu remake

Anya-Taylor Joy made a splash with her film debut in The Witch in 2015, and now she’s reuniting with its director to get back into the horror game. In an interview with The Los Angeles Times, the Last Night in Soho star revealed that she is reuniting with director Robert Eggers on a remake of Nosferatu, the 1922 silent horror film that loosely adapted Bram Stoker’s famous story of Dracula.

While it is not known what role Taylor-Joy will play in the reworking — or who else will be joining her — Eggers’ version of the horror classic has been a long time coming. First announced in 2015, just after the premiere of The Witch at Sundance Film Festival, the project has been in the works for upwards of six years, with a stop in the middle for Eggers to shoot The Lighthouse, the eerie black and white thriller starring Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe, as well as The Northman starring Nicole Kidman, Dafoe, Taylor-Joy, and Alexander Skarsgård, which is currently in post-production.

The unspecified role is just one in a handful of upcoming projects for Taylor-Joy, who is still riding the high of success from her role in The Queen’s Gambit on Netflix, for which she was nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited or Anthology Series at this year’s Emmy Awards. The actress is also set to star in The Menu, directed by Mark Mylod, along with Furiosa, a prequel to Mad Max: Fury Road, and the thriller  Laughter in the Dark.

it's taking a while but i'm really hyped for this!

• Really Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Hmm. I love the original (though Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari takes overall favourite silent horror movie for me), and we already had a remake by Werner Herzog, I've never seen it but @Choose Life loves it. I'll remain cautiously interested.  

p.s. I highly recommend the Masters of Cinema bluray of Das Cabinet if you're thinking of checking it out, it's an absolutely beautiful transfer.

Edited by alive she cried