Hondo's Bar

top 10 starter anime

Guest Yahve

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmm...guess it depends on the person, wheter they like action or comedy.  I myself usually recommend Ninja Scroll - its a one shot with great animation, good dubbing, story, and badass action.  Shame i cant get Carlo to see it, but i think its a great starter.

It is a pretty good one-shot.  I chose series tho because of their lasting impact and interest requirements.  Something that draws your attention for over ten episodes has to be a good thing.   For those who don't know I highly recommend Kenshin to everyone.  Close second is defenitely Ranma 1/2, a horribly addicting anime that is unfortunately common to find dubbed ( English Language) instead of subbed ( subtitles).  The reason most anime fans prefer subbed anime is because we get more of the original meaning in subbed anime, no editing, no horrible american voice acting. There is a serious lacking in american voice acting, no passion.  A few anime stand out to survive this test, Macross Plus is one of them.  Unfortunately most are painful to the ear and you ll get to hear a fan screaming for subbed when available.  

Ranma is HARD to find subbed, I think someone told me that the price per episode just went down to about ten bucks.   Considering this series is like 6 seasons long this will break any budget, especially that of this particular broke college student.

Anyways please enjoy the poll and let us know what anime got you hooked in the 1st place if its not posted up allready.  :approve:

you people that voted for dragon balls ...suck balls.... what mindless tripe dot inhabit the innards of dolts and senseless things......

i piss on dragon balls from my podium of superior taste.

yahve how dare you transgress and associate on the same level this sheep shit with the likes of ranma and macross......

for shame ............

I had to vote for my escaflowne.  I really think that it's addicting...ie all night esca fests.  I know Yhave's been through it too.  Can't get enough...really sad that it was so short.  Ranma 1/2 is great too...still hoping to watch some more from the beginning...i know.. I cheated ahead.  But I'll make it up eventually.  Another thing to add to my long list.

Fuk Dan, wish youda mentioned that back here, i bought a fansub of Lodoss War 1-8 or so.  Ive only seen the first few episodes, but ive been meanin to see the rest: seem final fantasy-ish.  Just been lookin for someone else who'd be interested to watch it with, lemme know next time youre around these parts.

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody!!! :blush: This is my first time posting so I'm really new at this! ( This is to prove to some people I know out there that I can post too). Anyways, I voted for Fushigi Yuugi. The story had so many surprises that I didn't know what to expect next. I was literally on the edge of my chair throughout the whole series!!! And they are always doing something funny. Whether it's Tamahome tryin to throw Taskee in the water or Nuriko picking on Miaka. I just think it rocks!!!!! :werd:

• 1 month later...

Dragon Ball is the best! It does have an interesting story line, if you like action packed stuff! It may not be as deep with its plots as some anime, but it's still cool! It's got a good message too (tho the message would be better if Vegita was the main character instead of that cheater, Goku!). It's all about pushing yourself to your limits, and beyond! :D Bebop's another one I like, but Dragon Ball (especially Z and GT) will always be my fav!

ssvegeta003a.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

It seems for millions of kids across the country, the first anime they've seen is Pokemon, and if it gets even 10% of them to appreciate more anime as they grow older, then Pokemon has done more for anime in the States anything else ever could have hoped to. While I'm not big on anime, I first enjoyed anime through Ninja Scroll and City Hunter. I think City Hunter is a great choice.