Hondo's Bar

T3: Rise of the Machines

OK, I haven't seen this movie yet, but this is where review can go once it has been seen. I started this thread to ask people:

Has anyone else been skeptical about this movie's script, since they couldn't get Linda Hamilton or Edward Furlong (to play Saraha dn John Connor respectively)? I can only assume they wanted to get them. Does anyone know if they both asked for to much, or if they turned to the script because they didn't want to be a part of it? What was the deal?

Well I don't know why Linda Hamilton isn't in it. But they did have Edward Furlong signed up until his drug problem became too big of a risk to the production. I don't think Sarah Conner is even in the movie at all. Whether they took her out because they couldn't get Linda Hamilton, I dunno. I actually don't really mind Edward Furlong's replacement. He was great, but John Conner is a completely different character in this movie, much less of a scrappy street-wise kid, more of a responsible solitary almost-mad young adult, and it looks like Nick Stahl did a great job with it.

dammit. don't quote me on this, but i heard somewhere that there were two reasons why linda didn't jump on. one, cause cameron wasn't there and two, the strong character and antiwar sarah was no longer. we'll just have to see when it comes out...

again, don't quote me on this, but i hear that it was around the lines of spiderman, it took too long to get it pushed through the movie industry's bs (getting things approved.) i would like to personally believe that he just didn't want to mess with t2's perfection.

Actually it was well after Cameron left the Spidey project, from what I've heard. Cameron was asked to direct T3 (not necessarily this T3, but a sequel to T2) and he considered it, but he decided he would rather make a sequel to True Lies, instead, and started putting his attention towards that. After 9/11 Cameron cancelled the True Lies 2 project because he didn't want to make another movie about terrorists (no idea if he's changed his mind about that), and by then Jonathan Mostow was already going ahead with a non-Cameron script, so it was too late to do T3 even if he wanted to.

speaking of which, this guy Jonathan Mostow - )i've looked him up as soon as i found out it wasn't cameron) is a no-namer. seems like his first big movie, so keep your fingers crossed.....

dude, cameron could have been somehow or somewhat involved in the movie i figure... anything that would give me some kind of hope....

Mostow's done only two movies worth noting before T3. U-571 which, admittedly, I've yet to see all the way through, but the parts I saw weren't bad. And Breakdown with Kurt Russell, which I actually thought was a pretty well directed little thriller. There's hope.

Guest Yahve

I remember hearing that the two producer guys that rallied up the funding got a neat little clause in their contracts. They have exclusive rights to produce and promote T4 and T5. If they are made. So.... adding that to the ending of T3, it seems they are thinking of a trilogy of their own, namely T345.

All in all it was a good action flick. The story needs a bit of work and storyboarding could have panned back a bit on many shots but this isnt bad at all for a relatively new director to crashboom movies.

One complaint though, the soundtrack guy should be shot. So many scenes could have rocked if they had a better, or just plain existing soundtrack to it.

6/10 Hot Killing Chicks

Archived