Hondo's Bar

Batman movies

Ok, lets be honest: 1 was great, 2 was ok, 3 was weak, 4 was ass. I'm less hopeful of the future ones, like most. Aranoughsky (sp)'s Year One looks promising, but who knows if that's comin out?

So, instead, check out one of the finest fan films ive ever seen. Ever wanted to see a simple Batman done right, with the traditional (but much more functional) costume? How bout cool dialogue, and more importantly, a believable Batman who moves the way he should? Any fan of the many Bat crossovers or simply cool comic stories, has to check this out...this one makes everyone who watches it upset, cause it shows all the things Hollywood does wrong:

still1.jpgBatman: Dead End

Seriously, it's 43 megs so it take a lil bit, but i promise its worth it - this shit's really cool!

bde.jpg

Ahhhh yes, I saw this one a couple weeks ago. It makes me hope that if they ever do another big-budget movie, they finally give him a practical costume like this, rather than the molded rubber that completely restricts his movements. The Joker in that'n wasn't bad, either. I think the Alien was a little unecessary, though.

Oh, and don't just pin your hopes on Aronofsky's Year One movie. Chris Nolan (Memento, Insomnia) is working on one as well, and it seems like he wants to pick up where Batman Returns left off, and completely disregard Forever and Batman & Robin. If only those of us who watched it could completely disregard them, as well. But their wretchedness will forever be etched in my memory (actually, I take it back, Forever had a couple fun parts, but B&R...might as well have been called B&S). There was also a live-action version of Batman Beyond in the works at one point. Who knows if someone will ever pick that one up again.

I live action Batman Beyond movie would be cool if they could get the same guy who did his voice to play him, since I kinda looks the part (you might know him as Corey's older brother Eric from Boy Meets World). The animated BB movie was cool, but reproducing that world in live action would be very costly. As far as regular Batman, I would just like to see Tim Burton back making them.

Eh, I could live without Burton for the next ones. His movies were great, but I think I'd like to see a slightly less stylized tone, leaning more towards the tone of the original Bats animated series. And you're right, the guy who does Terry's voice would be great, if he could get the martial arts down. I mean, yeah sure, the guy's in a costume so it doesn't have to actually be him, but it'd be preferable.

They can traine anyone to be about to look like they can fight in front fo a camera, as long as they're committed. None of the guys from the Matrix (Reeves, Fishbourne, Moss, and Weaving) had any martial arts experience. Several months of intensive trainign and they were about to look like they had been doing it their whole life. But you're right, in a custume, it wouldn't be necesary. Tobey McGuire was in teh Spidey costume alot of the time, but not all of the time. It wasn't necesary. He did train like hell to look super-ripped.

Adn yeah, the animated series had this film noir feeling to them that Burton's films touched on a bit, but I could definitely enjoy it being more film noir.

way to jack unidentified source's thread...

hey US, if you're listening here's a tip. If you wanna pimp out something, write a little introduction to what you're putting out there. seems like you like to throw out one sentance replys and reply to topics without reading all the pages of previous replys.

hey everybody... speaking of pimping out: go check out my crazy chinese pong movie (link to movie is now up) under web crusaders! B)

Archived