Hondo's Bar

The Matrix Revolutions

WOW!

Saw it 3 times. What a phenomenal trailer. Have they shown this one in the theaters?!??! Have I missed it?

Well... yeah... words escape me now... it was... wow. Neo... blowing things up with his mind... in the real world... Smith... everywhere. Did I see that correctly or did Neo make a pact with the Matrix core to eliminate the "rogue program" called Smith?... I've soiled my pants.

Bad...ass! Those three TV spots are nice. Definitely puts forth that "end all" feeling Reloaded set us up with. I said it after seeing Reloaded the first time, I've said it many times since and I'll say it again, Reloaded set up Revolutions to have the potential to be the one of the greatest movie ever, or the biggest disappointment ever. Reloaded raised the stakes, Revolution is going to have to come through, and it's poised to do it.

• 3 weeks later...

To the Miami crowd:

OK, this one is notably trickier than Kill Bill.

Firstly...

The premiere (Eastern Standard Time) is at 9am on Wednesday (11/05). That is probably not doable for many of you. I personally want to see this movie at the first screening. I have work that day, but I think I can get off for a few hours ( :D teehee, get off for a few hours...). Others (possibly everyone else) might not care enough to rework their entire lives just to see this a few hours earlier than they could otherwise. The good news is, with kids in school, nine-to-fivers at work, it's possible it won't be crowded. Can't say for sure though.

Secondly...

Unlike The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Revolutions will release simultaneously on regular screen and on the iMax screens (not a few weeks later). I want to see it on the iMax screen at Sunset Place. Tickets there have not yet gone on sale, and I'm still working on finding out when they do, but they are $10 for students, $11 for adults, not a bad deal. Ticket have already gone on sale for a few non-iMax theaters, but not Dolphin.

So I ask you all:

a) Who's willing to do a 9am Wednesday (11/05) morning group outing?

b) Who wants to do this right and see it at iMax?

Wait...how long is Revolutions? Id hate to get like 20 minutes cut off of this one 'cause its I-MAX on the first viewing...

Sorry tho, gotta count me out, ill be outta town that week. Those who're down to see it agian next week, lemme know.

Nah, timing wont be so good to me this time. I'll be up in gainesville watchin it with dinghy. I dont even think they have an Imax up there. Hmm, I wonder how much bigger their box office gross is going to look since lots of people are gonna be seeing it for double price at Imax. What a sneaky way to break records...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it took me a while to make it to a computer. So here's the review's punchline:

I doesn't meet your highest expectations, but it doesn't fall short either. The fight in the rain is as epic as it gets. This was full out ku fung fighting while flying, done super well. The fight for Zion was awesome as well. In the end, I would have liked for more of the loose end to be tied up. This movie, like Reloaded was not nearly as good as the first Matrix, but it doesn't have to be in order to be badass. I satisfied me, but it will be alot long before movie history forgets The Matrix than the last to movies.

*OCCASSIONAL SPOILERS

...i agree, left slightly lacking. Fight in the bridge was badass fun, but this one - and i watched it hours after rewatching Reloaded - felt all over the place.

Less philosophy than either of the 2, more Star-Wars like at parts, maybe its all the ships. Also, the train driver guy was short and left-field, less explanation than even meteron guy. And yeah, resolution to certain fanboy sci-fi things wasnt really there, but what bothered me was the way the ending felt a bit...forced.

Interestin tho, the people who died werent the ones i expected to do so. All in all, i almost felt like the series went in order of how much theyll be liked, with the last one bein the least - not a bad movie, but had a bit to follow up to overall, you know?

Here's to a good box set in the near future, and it damn well better have the Animatrix.

Archived