Hondo's Bar

Aphex Twin

MetalHeart

I love this two-disc album right now.

Richard D. James was always viewed as a music genious by me, but the piano tracks on here are just gorgeous... Very beautiful and haunting. I think I've listened to Nanou 2 on repeat for three hours... (i know kinda sounds insane but it's just one of those songs you can do that to, y'know?)

Also the fact that he makes machines to produce certain sounds is also very amazing.

What are your thoughts on the music (and even the man?)

Edited by MetalHeart

Hmm...ive only heard one older album (the one with the hot chick with the scary face onna cover), and some of their mixes. Theyre heralded as pioneers, but i dont know their electronic history...i liked what i heard tho.

Im very much a fan of mixing techno and piano tho, and im gonna go download that track next chance i get, thanks MH!

OH my, well it's not like techno piano, but it's pianoish

Here are the bestest tracks from it:

disc1:

Beskhu3epnm

Strotha Tynhe

Gwely Mernans

Avril 14th

Hy a Scullyas Lyf a Dhagrow

Kesson Daslef

disc2:

Btoum-Roumada

Penty Harmonium

Father

Petiatil Cx Htdui

Ruglen holon

Nanou 2

Now of course both discs are VERY awesome, but these are the softer more lovlier ones.

I'm a huge Aphex Twin fan. Druqks is definitely my favourite full length album of his (i.e. its listenable the whole way through :D ).

One of my most defining live music moments was getting to see him perform at Reading Festival a few years back. Packed into the dance tent, the live show was something else, even though its literally a hairy man with a laptop. Needless to say my mind exploded with the first few chords of Windowlicker and I spent the next few days grinning like an idiot.

THat sounds cool deac, will have to try and seek that cover out.

I'm a huge Aphex Twin fan. Druqks is definitely my favourite full length album of his (i.e. its listenable the whole way through  :D ).

One of my most defining live music moments was getting to see him perform at Reading Festival a few years back. Packed into the dance tent, the live show was something else, even though its literally a hairy man with a laptop. Needless to say my mind exploded with the first few chords of Windowlicker and I spent the next few days grinning like an idiot.

THat sounds cool deac, will have to try and seek that cover out.

oh Lucky you! I've seen clip sof him live though and I must agree it was marvelous.

and I lovelovelove the music vid for Windowlicker. Well, I guess I love all of his music vids!

Fuck! Is that the lady that takes Colin?

I like old Aphex, I like the hard shit but I gotta give 'spect to choons like On, Donkey Rhubarb, Ventolin, etc...downlod these to hear where the new evolved from

I like all his shit hehe. I guess it just depends on what mood I'm in for what song/album I choose. Druqks was like "my aphex twin album of the week" haha.

Then it slowly melted into Tori and Bjork for a few days, and now I'm engrossed with Rasputina once again haha.

God I love music

I need to get more Aphex, don't know as much as I'd like to.

Fuck! Is that the lady that takes Colin?

No. In the episode where Daisy and Tim go to the social security office (Episode #2 I believe), its the old lady that gets chucked out saying "Just a tenner". She can pick her parts damn well for a pensioner :D Aphex Twin and Spaced! Damn.

• 10 years later...