Hondo's Bar

Blade 2

So how many of you were waiting in line for this one?  I was afraid that it'd be pack opening day, but  it wasn't too bad.  Then the sound system was kind of on the fritz during the previews and I was like, "this better not mess with the movie"  All in all Blade 2 was a bad ass action flick.  Snipes is back and cooler than ever.  Whistler's back too with a Boondock Saint.  My question is I didn't catch the rating on the movie.  From what I was hearing there was suppose to be an NC-17 rating.  Well there was enough blood for that anyhow.

*Spoilers*

Ok my opinion time.  I really liked this movie...but some of the CG scenes were unbelievable.  Blade is facing a new type of villan an enhanced vampire immune to silver and garlic.  This new villan is definately gorey to say the least.  I was truly disgusted at some points, but hey it wouldn't be a Blade sequal without the gore.  So I say bring it on.  I can only imagine the comic books.  I wonder if it's gory too.

I'm dying to see this one, I love the fact that you never see the trailer or commercial for it.  Went to see it on saturday but it was sold out 45 minutes before it started.  Prolly see it in the middle of the week or something, I've heard nothign but good about it, I'll check it out soon though.

***um, spoilers in here, I guess, not that there much to spoil about this one***

Just saw it today right after class.  Very worthy sequel.  The reapers were indeed badass.  Didn't like this villian as much as Deacon Frost, he just looks like a typical nosferatu wannabe, but the new vamps more than make up for it.  In the sewer part, it felt a lot like "Aliens" with them hunting/being hunted.  Pretty cool direction to take.  Also didn't like the music as much, but the first Blade's soundtrack was just classic, so it was pretty damned hard to beat.  I liked how there's a bit more horror in this one, tho it's definately still an action movie and kept the comic book feel.  Looks like it's becoming a pretty damned cool franchise, wouldn't mind if they made a bunch more of em.

Just saw this with Soldier of Fortune and my brother, same likes and gripes as everyone else has mentioned,

**slight spoiler**

some bits were cheesy like the couple of wrasslin' moves, tho the meaty elbow drop from across the room was pretty cool.

**slight spoiler**

Acting was good all round, surprised to see pretty-boy (tho not in the movie) Luke Goss do so well as Nomak, same goes for Danny John-Jules, best known for playing the Cat in Red Dwarf (Americans probably have no idea what I'm talking about now)!!

One thing though, Irish vampire 'Priest' looked a hell of a lot like 2000AD's Irish hitman Sinister Finnigan, the characterisation was the same and all:

1130.jpg

Plus I think the name was a nod to Preacher, which had an Irish vampire as a main character.

**same slight spoilers as above** yeah, that WWF stuff was kind of odd... you'd think the vampire would try to suck his blood while he's down.... not try for the turnbuckle move and go for the pin... ???

Oh, and red dwarf is damned funny, I caught a bunch of british comedies in texas, but I dont have BBC at home so I'm pissed.  Faulty towers of course just rocks, and one of my other favorites was "The Coupling."  Have you ever caught that one?  Funny as hell, basically a british seinfeld.

:D Blade 2 was a good film definately worth seeing.

**Slight Spoiler**

Some of the CG was a bit blurry but it was cool.

As for the cheesy WWF style "The Elbow drop from the top turnbuckle!" and Blades Verticle Suplex on one of those Footsoldiers!!! I think it was just hilarious!

Also after that confrontation you expect Whistler to throw him down a Knife or something, but oh no its his shades, he can't go anywhere without them!!!

All in all a class film!!

:approve:

I just saw Blade 2 on Wednesday (while on vacation in NY... the theater in Carousel Center is creepy...), and I absolutely loved it. The first one definitely was better.... But Blade 2 has a lot more horror, so it's all good.  :D

(And I think I frightened my date... Apparently not many girls want to go see a comic book based vampire horror/action movie on a date...  :D )