Hondo's Bar

Don Juan

spiffytee

I could not believe this was the same guy that was in pirates of the carribean! Johhny is just too much for words.

In this film, he plays a delusional man who believes that he is Don Juan. It has just the right balance of comedy, fantasy, and romance along with brando and faye dunaway. The laughs are totally unexpected and are in just the right times. It's great the way the movie doesn't take it too seriously even though the title/cover might imply such. As the movie progresses, Don Juan tells his life story to his psychiatric doctor. It is as if fantasy and adventure and the kitchen sink was thrown in - in a good way that will keep you watching. As Don Juan commences, his doctor is also affected (watch for the caregivers too!) I definitely recommend this movie to those who are fans of Depp's other works or just for anyone who hasn't seen a good film in a while.

don1.jpg

Uh, sorry man, I guess this is just one of those instances where you finally see a movie and love it but have trouble talking to anyone about it because it came out...well...literally a decade ago.

But for the record, my feelings for Don Juan DeMarco can be summed up with: Johnny Depp = good. Marlon Brando = bad.

I guess it coulda been interestin since spiff's review says he was crazy, and thought he was Don Juan or somethin, its just one of those movies, despite Depp, i wasnt gonna give a chance....too many girls i knew sayin "this movie is about how women should be treated." I kept thinking about the beginning to "Way of the Gun"...heh.

Glad to hear this one was alright tho.

Archived