Hondo's Bar

TO ALL THE ZETA WHINERS

RobitussinEF

that sucks. im not gonna sit here and say, "yeah who cares because now we have a rock station again and rock is better than trance/freestyle" because im not really that much of a music snob and im pretty open to every genre. but mainly, i'm sick of 3 or 4 channels playing mainstream (hip hop/r&r/rap) music (all the same fucking songs too) while smaller genres like trance and modern rock can barely get 1 channel if any. do we really need 3 fucking stations that are playing the same snoop song at the same time? not really. you should write to clearchannel or whoever used to own 93.1 and complain. im sure theres some sort of petition out there like there was for zeta.

(as a side note, i felt this way back when they switched the 93.1 classical station to 93.1 party)

Theyre all trying to compete with XM radio, which is prolly housing them...yeah, its pay radio, but those who subscribe really seem to like the options they get. And i agree, the 3 hip hop stations havin the same track at the same time, and playlists of like 15-20 songs is a joke (if one of em wanted to convert to an old school station - you know, playing the first 15-20 years worth of rap, rather than the last 6 months - id support like a motherfucker).

But you mayve noticed were not really gettin any warnings here. So you techno/trance whiners (by the way, youre listening to mostly house, neither of those genres), relax, if Clear Channel has any sense, theyll switch another station over later on to counter Cox's move, and its not like we dont have other frequences for them to do so. I'd be very surprised if we didnt get a replacement station.

Fuck, i cant wait to hook up an i-pod to my tape deck and never notice these things again.

you're so right with the XM radio. one of my friends has it and within an hour of listening, i heard fucking ridiculously awesome songs that havent been played on the radio in years. plus, no commercials, and the best part was they didnt repeat any of the songs. as soon as i can make enough extra money, im hooking that shit up in my car. it's well worth it.

Archived