Hondo's Bar

The Producers

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, after waiting for years, it has finally arrived:

Mel Brooks' genious Film, then Tony Winning Musical, is now comming back to the Silver Screen this December with the Original Broadway Cast! (well, at least the people who really matter)

Nathan Lane (Max Bialystock) and Matthew Broderick (Leo Bloom) team up once again to bring this hysterical story to life. Of the Original Cast, there are but two replacements: Uma Thurman is the Buxom Sweedish Beauty Ulla, and Will Farrel is that Krazy Kraut Franz Liebkind.

It's been a long time in coming.

What do you all think? Have any of you seen this on Stage?

The original Producers is one of my all-time favorite movies, and I thought the casting (and the soundtrack) for the Broadway version was absolutely brilliant. Sadly, I've never gotten to see it on-stage, but I'll be first in line when it comes out opening niiiiight :2T:

I love The Spanish Inquisition ("But we've mashed all their fingers, we've branded their buns! Nothing is working!...send in the nuns!") but I Springtime For Hitler takes the cake for me. And the one in the musical is even better than the one in the original movie...not to mention, about twice as long.

lol I saw the original 1968 film of The Producers. Gene Wilder is genius (as always).

However, I do have the original recording of The Producers: the musical. Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick do just as good a job of capturing the essance of Max Bialystock and Leo Bloom as Gene Wilder and Zero Mostel.

Again, I'm really excited, and i can't wait to see it.

Archived