Hondo's Bar

Forum name & logo contest

The NZA

Alright, so im trying to finish up renaming the Movie & TV forum (see the poll in that corner), and Jont goes and suggests Music for the Masses change to Phonography, which i think is a pretty decent name, at that. Again, Lizard once suggested Culture be something like Cafe de Flore (citing Satre), or the Coffee House or somethin like that. Didnt fly, but wasnt a bad suggestion.

Is there a corner of Hondo's you think could use a better name? Bear in mind, it should

a) sound cool

b) accurately sum up that forum's contents

c) can reference an inside-joke of ours, but its important to stick to # b.

i know we all got jokes, so im expectin that, but if you got something you think would work here, let us know.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

so hey, imaging request for the banner for The Sanctuary:

an image about the size as the "Suggestion Box" logo up top, mebbe a celestial-esque light looming in and good font saying "The Sanctuary", and id really dig something up top/corner etc with small images for the cross, star of david, islam crescent moon, a buddha, and a flying spaghetti monster.

This is comission work, folks. I will pay you a dollar.

so hey, imaging request for the banner for The Sanctuary:

an image about the size as the "Suggestion Box" logo up top, mebbe a celestial-esque light looming in and good font saying "The Sanctuary", and id really dig something up top/corner etc with small images for the cross, star of david, islam crescent moon, a buddha, and a flying spaghetti monster.

This is comission work, folks. I will pay you a dollar.

Hey, what about Bob (Church of the Subgenius) and the sentient topee on William Shatner's head (Shatnerology). :pinch:

if the major world relgions get 1 symbol, i dont see why lumping skeptics, agnostics, atheists, secularists, freethinkers, pragmatists, rationalists, infinitism, extropianism, xeru, open source religion, church of the invisible pink unicorn, discordianism, frisbeetarianism, rusell's teacup, last thursdayism, and church of unintelligent design is wrong. Its a lot of names, but were talking 15% or less of most demographics, and his holy noodly appendage provides a fine umbrella.

• 4 months later...
sanct.jpg

Why was this never used. This summed up the whole fucking thing. You just don't understand my art. This is like the time they laughed at Van Gough when he drew the picture of the dook on the house made of saltine crackers. Then what happened, huh? Well poor ol' Vincent chopped off his ear and then burnt the picture ("Dooky, Dooky Night" for all you keeping score at home) was never seen again.

Why was this never used. This summed up the whole fucking thing. You just don't understand my art. This is like the time they laughed at Van Gough when he drew the picture of the dook on the house made of saltine crackers. Then what happened, huh? Well poor ol' Vincent chopped off his ear and then burnt the picture ("Dooky, Dooky Night" for all you keeping score at home) was never seen again.

So we'll rid Hondo's of 2T?

Or are you going to substitute MusicManiac?

Archived