Hondo's Bar

*cAkE*

Guest Yahve

ARGGG i missed the webcast... dammit Heartless why didn't ya remind me :grumble:  *sigh*  Oh well, who knows, if i get lucky i may even go to the actual cake concert in a few...

*can't have his cake and eat it too anymore*  :baa:

more cake propaganda..

i know NOBODY except lauren and i are from california on this message board.. but you can vote for the California Music Awards nonetheless!

here is the site: http://www.musician.com/cma/

they are up for Outstanding album, outstanding single, outstanding modern rock/alternative album, Outstanding group, and Outstanding songwriter..

please vote i swear it takes 2 minutes max..

and another suggestion... vote for P-Roach for best guitarist/bassist, i'm not a big p-roach fan, but they are from little old Vacaville and the bassist DID go to Vanden.. so i'll show my support..

thanks.. and now i will stop procrastinating and go do work..

Wait a sec...you dont sound happy over in cowtown, but youll vote for folks you dont really like cause theyre from there? That's kinda odd. Id go for more folks that hail from Cutler Ridge, but i think the list is like Luke, Trick Daddy Dollars, etc... :arrow:

so it's odd that i have loyalties?

the only way i can put it is like this, yes, vacaville isn't a cosmpolitan city, and many people who inhabit vacaville are closeminded and dull, but what can i say, i've lived here all my life and it's my hometown.

and if a band that hails from my hometown makes it "big" even for a split second, and if the bassist happened to go to the high school i attend, by god, i don't know what it is but i want to support them,

that's not the SOLE reason, let's say the bassist from p-roach was up against the arf de meur.. you bet your bottom dollar i'd vote for her over him, but in this instance, hence the CALIFORNIA music awards, it's the best bands, and such out of the STATE, and the choices are limited.

Arf de who?

Nah, just odd if it was really someone ya didnt like.  Ill be damned if it'd vote Trick Daddy for anythin but "shit that made me wanna be deaf a few years back", but nowadays id pay to hear his ass over what i hear round FIU most times, which is whatever 5 songs Power 96 is playin this week. :ill:

Um, I couldn't go for the P-Roach vote, The Bassist from Tool was on there!  Holy god damned hell those two shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentance....  And yeah, Arf de meur rocks, liked her in Hole, and she's prolly the only person I would have had replacing D'arcy in the pumpkins.  I wonder what she's doing now that Hole seems to be and the pumpkins......      :D  ???   :scared:

Um, I couldn't go for the P-Roach vote, The Bassist from Tool was on there!  Holy god damned hell those two shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentance....  And yeah, Arf de meur rocks, liked her in Hole, and she's prolly the only person I would have had replacing D'arcy in the pumpkins.  I wonder what she's doing now that Hole seems to be done for and the pumpkins......      :D  ???   :scared:

oops, sorry about the double post... weird stuff happened...  :D

Hey Irish, I'd totally offer you a ride to the concert if I were going, cause i've thought about it, but the funds is the problem here too.  still tempted... but i've got a test the nest day in a clas I joined three weeks late, so I'm thinking it's not the best idea, eh?

Notice to anyone who might want to go but didn't get a ticket.  If you are regretting your decision to not go, this is your lucky night!  One of the friends I'm going with can't go to the concert, so she's selling her ticket.  This is pretty short notice, but if you still want to go, message me, or find me on aol IM (Danny54o) so we can work something out.  Concert is tommorrow at 7:30 in pompano beach, so message me soon!

Just got back from the concert and Goddamn it was great.  They sound even better than the cd live.  Lots and lots of cool solos and improvisation, which is exactly what I love to see from a live band.  They played most of the favorites, and a lot of stuff from their first cd and comfort eagle, which is what I was hoping for.  They even brought out some guys that played banjos and a washboard player for a couple of songs off the first cd, that was definately one of the highlights of the night.  They were much better than I expected them to be, they did more than just play their songs, they jammed a lot, stretching some of their shorter 3 minute songs to double their length or more with crazy solos.    And I didn't notice that in that ampitheatre, anyone with a seat ticket can go down to the pit in front of the band, so, needless to say I was on the barricade for the whole show.  The crowd was great too, they went nuts for the band and knew all the songs, even from motorcade.  They seemed to enjoy the crowd's enthusiasm, I can only hope that they saw that they have fans down here too and start to tour on this coast more.   :D  :D  :D

right on... hey.. they didn't bring out a washboard player when they did the show down here in norcal..  :D

whenever they come back home i wanna see them again too, i think of the best parts of their concert IS the crowd, cake fans are great..

except when we went there was this one huge chick up on the baracade where we were, and you could tell that she didn't even know any of the songs, and she spent the whole concert looking around for her firiends in the pit, it was so bad that jon mcrea actually commented on her.. he's like "dude, that chick right there, WHY are you here? you're not singing, you're not rocking out, you're just looking for your friends!" people like that at concerts piss me off..

how do you post pics on this site?

Yeah, I think I'll most likely be going to zetafest, if anything for Rob Zombie.  The lineup isn't nearly as good this year though, IMO... I'm not a big kid rock fan (dodges machine gun fire from Nick) , but I figure it's worth it for Rob zombie, sevendust (even though they played the last like 5 zeta shows), candlebox, local H, and gravity kills.  That's worth 25 buck for me.  Check the zeta site (www.zetarocks.com) for the lineup, have you heard of any of the bands below Local H other than gravity kills?  The order looks off too.  It's hard enough swallowing the fact that Rob Zombie is opening for Kid rock.  But Rob Zombie and Sevendust go before Puddle of mud?... What the hell!?  Fuck, even candlebox and local H should go after puddle of mud, they're a helluva lot older.  Next thing ya know, U2 will be opening for those damned mud guys...  anyways, I'm pretty sure I'm going, I'll just rest and maybe try to get Rob Zombie's autograph during the last two bands....

*sigh* 's ok, i know im bout the only Kid Rock fan round these parts, im used to it.

Gravity Kills is purdy good, Zombie's great.  I agree he oughta get top dollar, he is the oldest one there with around 2x as much shit out as Kid Rock, not includin his freaky mix albums.  

Local H, Sevendust...dont know much bout them tho...

• 9 years later...

Lol--the lead guitarist for Cake, Xan McGurdy was my upstairs neighbor in Portland. Nice guy, used to help me scare the racoon away who wanted to fight my cat and would drink wine with me and Tim now and then. Funny, the apartments were nice and clean, but tiny and nothing special. Used to think rockstars were all rich and shit. His ex-girlfriend gave me a really nice bike once. I sold it to help pay our rent.