Hondo's Bar

Digging for Fire

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Was well chuffed when I saw your choices KoS. Mainly because I thought I was the only Pixies fan who absolutely adores the song 'Alec Eiffel'.

Alec Eiffel stands in the arrrrrchway

Keeping low doesn't make no sense....

Still gonna have to go for Monkey Gone to Heaven though I think. Geez, tough one.

Haven't heard either Surfer Rosa or Come on Pilgrim, heard some of the tracks on Death To The Pixies, so can't comment. Not heard Levitate me but Bone machine kicks ass!

"I was talking to preachy preach about kissy kiss, he bought me a soda,

He bought me a soda, he bought me a soda and tried to molest me in the parking lot, yep yipp yippp yipppp"

Surprised that there's not more interest in this one, I thought there were a fair few Pixies fans here!

Got Surfer Rosa/Come On Pilgrim on Friday MLB, now I've all their studio albums including the B-Sides album! Got on sale in HMV, for €7.99 (about stg£4.80/$???)!! Fantastic, dunno if it'd be my favorite yet but that's always gonna be hard to chose!

Levitate Me is class, must say I've taken likings to Break My Body, Broken Face, Cactus, Tony's Theme and Oh My Golly, I'd already loved everything off 'Death to' as well. Good call bud, I might not have been looking out fr it if you hadn't said it! :D

I voted for 'Monkey gone to heaven', as it's the first song i'd heard by The Pixies without actually knowing who the fuck they were as a kid! I remember the video popping up on programmes like The Chart Show and No Limits as opposed to cheesier shit like TOTP'S. To be honest i've not got a lot of The Pixies tunes, just a few scattered over the course of a few tapes, however when i think of 'Monkey...' it reminds of yesteryear, total nostalgic headprint, if that makes any sense!?! Fuck i'm tired...

• 6 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I had never seen this poll. I think it might be from before the time I got into the Pixies (I would only have known Where Is My Mind? from the end of Fight Club). This is a poll for the olden days when polls could only have 10 choices, and good ole KOS made this poll with having heard Surfer Rosa, and only included two Surfer Rosa songs (knowing of them only from compilations, I suppose) and two Doolittle songs. I have Bossanova and Come On Pilgrim, but I never feel compelled to listen to them, I always feel like Surfer Rosa or Doolittle.

So with these choices, I'm going with Gigantic, because of how fun it is.

I had never seen this poll. I think it might be from before the time I got into the Pixies (I would only have known Where Is My Mind? from the end of Fight Club). This is a poll for the olden days when polls could only have 10 choices, and good ole KOS made this poll with having heard Surfer Rosa, and only included two Surfer Rosa songs (knowing of them only from compilations, I suppose) and two Doolittle songs. I have Bossanova and Come On Pilgrim, but I never feel compelled to listen to them, I always feel like Surfer Rosa or Doolittle.

So with these choices, I'm going with Gigantic, because of how fun it is.

If you like the Pixies, also try The Breeders, a bastard love child spawned from The Pixies. try Saints, Cannonball and No Aloha.

I used to listen to Surfa Rosa on an endless loop...

• 3 weeks later...

GIGANTIC=Best Pixies song sung by Kim Deal

WHERE IS MY MIND=Best Pixies song sung by Black Francis.

Gun to my head, and since I had to only vote for 1, I picked GIGANTIC for several reasons: a.) Kim Deal is the original Queen of Alt Rock 2.) Reel Big Fish also do an awesome cover of the song, and c.) Neanderthal, close minded, Dubya-lovin'-douche-bags unwittingly singing along to a song about getting fucked by a big black dick=hilarity on multiple levels