Hondo's Bar

Most badass babe of Rock

Reverend Jax

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I tried to go for rough chronological order. I know you pumpkins fans are gonna come down on me for not putting D'Arcy in, but this is a list of leading ladies and frontwomen. the only one I could think of that I ended up leaving out was Gwen Stafani. I went with Patti Smith, and if you've ever heard anything of her's besides 'Because the Night', you know why.

smith.photo.jpg

This chick was a true badass, was was one of the founding parent figures of punk. She sounds more badass to me than the Sex Pistols, plus she wrote more intelligently and preceeded them too. Check out her 1974 album 'Horses', her cover of Them's Gloria is unbelievable. That is how songs SHOULD be covered!

Even though I'm a huge pumpkins fan, I dont put D'arcy up there on the best female musicians list.  She barely wrote her own bass lines.  Good bassist, went real well with the band, but not as phenomenal as the other 3 members.  What about the chick form the pixies though?  She rocked.  I actually know very little about most of these chicks, except probably Janis Joplin, morrisette, and love.  Out of these I guess I'd pick love simply because I haven't heard many janis joplin songs and I'd just be voting for her because I'm sure when I do pick up some of her stuff, I'll like it a lot more than hole.  Plus, love certainly certainly fits the bad girl thing well.  Don't really like the woman, don't like the fact that she has more control of nirvana's music than the band members, but I think her music is pretty damned good.

That's what happen when die, things life intelectual property go to your wife. What if she wasn't a big time musician, would you want all nirvana's money and control to go to the remaining band members and leave her with nothing? that's like saying if a work for microsoft until I'm 40 and I die, all my money goes back to Microsoft and my family starves? And this is a poll for most badass, not best musican.

From the poll provided i'm gonna vote for Grace Slick! She was both sexy and wild in her day. Don't know much about Pink, but she got potential, just seen her for the first time on some TV programme last week...would you, would you? Frankly yes! and no Courtney Love?