Hondo's Bar

NY Comicon

CjDucky

NY Comicon. This is where im going. Id lke to see if any of the other NE contignent of Hondoians would be interested in going. Already announced among others are Kevin Smith and..... ::plays music that swells to a crecendo:: The man, the myth, the legend... Stan Lee.

So... anyone interested? NY Comic-Con

Man you're just looking to get hurt ain'cha?

These Floridian kids who-y'know- outnumber the rest've us 3-to-1 hate the fact that the sweet nectar of comic creativity is wasted on NY when they get what John West rejects. I personally harbour no resentment, as the only national Con I have to look forward to is SuperNova whose attendance boasts such celebrity as 'The guy who voices Leonardo from the crap new Ninja Turtles' Series Mum' and 'The PA Jeph Loeb fired for saying luekemia was HOT*'. No hard feelings, I swear.

*Please understand that as someone who ordinarily is not moved by 'celebrity death' I was horribly moved by the departure of Sam Loeb, & Jeph serves his memory proud with his continued fundraising efforts & I wish him all the best & meant no offense to anyone feeling particularly sensitive about this. Luekemia on the other hand, while being fucking horrible to deal with as a patient or loved one thereof, is just about as common as dog's balls, so if you're upset at the gratuidous mention of this, I apologise profusely to your delicate sensibilities & wish you well in your continued endeavours to butch the fuck up. There's a lighter side to absolutely everything, and the sooner we can laugh about these things the better we can serve the memories of those loved ones lost to the world's #3 killer behind AIDS & Bycycles(be they rotary or motorised).

Mark Bagley

Brian Michael Bendis

Frank Cho

Gene Colan

Peter David

Tom DeFalco

J.M. DeMatteis

Keith Giffen

Phil Jimemez

Jim Lee

Stan Lee

David Mack

Kevin Maguire

Alex Maleev

Ron Marz

Steve Mcniven

Mike Avon Oeming

George Perez

George%20Perez%201.JPG

John Romita Jr.

Bill Sienkiewicz

Walter Simonson

Marc Silvestri

Kevin Smith

J. Michael Straczynski

Fuck me...I'd kill a man for a drunken rant at Stan.

This is very tempting CJD (Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, right?). I wouldn't mind going to it alright.

Though MegaCon does have this chick....

xenia_maxim_medium.jpg

Who the fuck am I kidding....

StanLee.jpg

IT'S THE MAN, MOTHERFUCKERS!

man, that list depresses me. :love: yeah, its the week after but all the good writers/artists go there, fucking Bendis dicked us over a few years back and hasnt even tried since then...ran off right before the con like we were image and shit.

Anyway, im happy we got Finch this year, Mcniven too....but im unsure how many other hondoninas'll be in your neck of the woods to check it out, CJ, but christ knows i wish i could man.

Archived