Hondo's Bar

Book Worth

CjDucky

I have a question. Does anyone know where (other than a comic shop) one could find the relative worth or rarity of a book. I have an old superman that im curious about. I would never sell it since my grandmother bought the book for me, but I am curious. Its an original bagged Superman Adventures of Superman # 500 from 93. Pics are below.

scan0004.jpg

scan0005.jpg

ah, the white bagged one...i dont remember it being woth too much due to a high print run, but ill look it up for you...i only do trades now so i totally forget that books even carry worth sometimes.

and the answer is Wizard magazine, or overstreet price guide if they still sell that one. I forget if wizard gives prices online these days, id check wizardworld.com

hey, ill get em off you if its a total loss. i really dug that storyline, the x-men and the avengers never hung enough in the 90's, and having x-man mouth off to xavier and wolvy was cool too...the bookend issues were the best parts, of course. mark waid was swell.

of course, ive also had 10 years to repress :smoothcriminal: in a pirate costume with no nose.

youre the shit.

ill have you know i finished the pic Poptopia the other day, and was surprisingly impressed. it started out iffy, but i was rather on board by the end...i stand corrected, not all x-books outisde of morrision were feces on paper.

Wow... after a quick parusal of Ebay.. all the stuff i collected when i was a kid was crap... monetarily speaking.. but like i said above.. most i bought while staying with my grandparents... so ill never part with em...

Of course once i get Goerge Perez to sign my Teen Titans books at Comicon.. those will be worth something :pirate:

I have a question. Does anyone know where (other than a comic shop) one could find the relative worth or rarity of a book. I have an old superman that im curious about. I would never sell it since my grandmother bought the book for me, but I am curious. Its an original bagged Superman Adventures of Superman # 500 from 93. Pics are below.

Maybe it's time to open the bag?

its the 90's all over again. i now wipe my ass with Vampirella # 1's and amazing spider-man original clone issues, i think it was 130 somethin.

wait, i thought they only collected onslaught into trade recently?

Your thinking about hero's reborn :D The onslaught trades have been out of print for years.

Archived