Hondo's Bar

What should I read next?

Lycaon

Meet Jessica Jones, one-time costumed heroine turned private investigator. After realizing that her powers were unremarkable compared to those of the icons in the Marvel Universe, Jones gave up being a super hero and eventually opened up a detective agency. While her intent to help others is intact, her personal behavior is anything but valiant: She is bitter, resentful and self-destructive. In lieu of professional help, Jessica battles her inferiority complex and depression with a chain-smoking habit and alcoholic tendencies. In spite of her self-imposed exile from the spandex crowd, Jessica's cases continually lead her back to her old circle of acquaintances, which only fuels her angst even more. Jessica is imperfect and human, and her textured personality is eloquently rendered by [brian Michael] Bendis and [Michael] Gaydos.

Y'already had the Likes've Preacher & Transmet pitched to you, but what do you think of crime/conspiracy/gritty action with the streetest slang, reading 1 page'll guarantee to make you feel 42% darker. And over time... Hoo-Boy!!

To wit: I was introduced to Hondos by Nick, who I met at an Annual Albino Support conference held in Seattle. He also introduced me to a book called 100 Bullets:

lost_eko_prelost.jpg

Results may vary depending on the title, but this'll generally happen if you read a lot've Brian Azzarello's other stuff like Startling Stories: Banner, Hellblazer, Cage, etc.

Y'already had the Likes've Preacher & Transmet pitched to you, but what do you think of crime/conspiracy/gritty action with the streetest slang, reading 1 page'll guarantee to make you feel 42% darker. And over time... Hoo-Boy!!

To wit: I was introduced to Hondos by Nick, who I met at an Annual Albino Support conference held in Seattle. He also introduced me to a book called 100 Bullets:

lost_eko_prelost.jpg

Results may vary depending on the title, but this'll generally happen if you read a lot've Brian Azzarello's other stuff like Startling Stories: Banner, Hellblazer, Cage, etc.

Why won't this computer load these images? Why god, why?! 100 Bullets is one that I'm reading right now. Another is The Dreaming. I also need to finish The Books of Magic, Lucifer, Deadpool, ...and some others that don't come to mind right now.

i cant even acknolwedge this top ic till you reads pracher. shameful.

I was waiting, since you said you'd send it and some others to me.

How could I forget X-Factor?!?!?!

0785118179.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V49495514_.jpg

Get in on it soon so when everyone finally realises how good it is you can be all "Oh, I"ve been digging it from the start".

Just the recent X-Factor series (1-14)? Been reading it since I started Marvel Civil War. I need to get the issues that came before that, though.

Thanks! It may be a while before I can download it. I still need to make room on the computer.

Cool, you're onto a good thing unlike Nicholas "Next Men" Custer.

The current series is the best. The "Madrox" mini that came before it was pretty good too. No need to go back to the original run, though The early Simonson issues and then Peter David ones were really good.

Madrox mini? *writes that down* I assume that follows Madrox before he starts the agency?

is akira in any way related to the movie, if so, ima give that a look next...

as for daredevil, ive got all of series 2... great read...

The Akira books have far more story then the movie ever did. In fact after reading Akira I had a hard time watching the movie because the books were so freaking great. I remember IC talking about the books after he finished reading my copys. He had no idea how much stuff was cut out for the movie.

There's a mini called DareDevil: the man without fear by Frank Miller that came out back in 94. Really worth checking out if you could find it.

Fa Shaaaahr. Anyone bitches about the Daredevil Movie, I tell 'em to take 2 issues of the Frank Miller Mini up their rancid Affleck-hating daddy-holes & go to bed until they wake up & recognise a quality performance/story.

Authority, Sleeper, & Stormwatch for anyone into crazy Sci-fi.

Archived