Hondo's Bar

What should I read next?

Lycaon

Yeah DoJ, you cant go wrong with Transmet, tho id be willing to bet youd enjoy Sandman too, really deep shit, i got a tremendous amount of love & respect for that one.

If MH sees this: you read Sandman? ill have to download that next and put it on Ly's disc for the both of youse, possibly.

Yeah DoJ, you cant go wrong with Transmet, tho id be willing to bet youd enjoy Sandman too, really deep shit, i got a tremendous amount of love & respect for that one.

If MH sees this: you read Sandman? ill have to download that next and put it on Ly's disc for the both of youse, possibly.

She was talking about reading it all again earlier today, but I don't know if she has the series. I know I don't, though I've read it (bless libraries... if I ever come into a great deal of money, a sizable portion's going to public libraries :???: ) and will sometime again, if I get ahold of it.

• 1 month later...

No, and yes.

Im having a bitch of a time finding sample art for some reason, the old thread is here though. If by typical crap manga art youre referring to big eyes, hands on the hips, overexaggerated expression etc, id argue that there's some samurai books youre missing out on devoid of this, Blade of the Immortal (heavy on the manga action) and Vagabond, which i cant recommend enough after LW&C as its the telling of Miyamoto Musashi's life and the art's amazing.

To answer your question though: this book was written in the 1970s, so i dont think the art style youre fearing applies here. Its landscaping is lush and detailed (quoting artist Kojima: "I always say, you have to create drama - even when you draw a tree or a stone."), and the long, silent action scenes were very ahead of their time, my opinion. If you can deal with the small print (my blind ass did) and cost (its a cheap series but long), i assure you, if you dig samurai stories, this is the one that all others follow.

I agree with Nick on this. You can't go wrong with this book.

I also have to throw in Akira as a must have read. Yes it manga but the story will blow you alway. Irish whatever became a manga fan after reading my copys.

Say ASC but just what kind of books do you enjoy reading.

thanks guys, ithink i'll give a go.

In answer to your question newt

Here's my collection so far,

Nowhere near as extensive as many of ye'rs.

But it's got some goodin's

Here goes:

Ultimate Spiderman Vol. 1-9

Ultimate X-Men Vol. 1-2

Days Of Future Past

Supreme Power Vol. 1-3

Origin

End

Marvels

Powerless

Other

Punisher vol 1 (hardback) Ennis, dillon