Hondo's Bar

Wiiviews

Reverend Jax

wiisports.jpg

So, when I first heard that the Wii was going bundled with a Sports game instead of, say, a Mario game, I was confused. Lots people not dig sports games. When I saw videos, I became less skeptical, and sinc egetting it, I cna't get enough WiiSports. The thing I like about it best is that each is different in the sense that I'm usually in the mood to play 1 of the 5 games. Golf is obviously for a different mood than Boxing, and it has alot of cool training games to mix it up (think you can get a strike bowling 91 pins?). The Miis obviously add a lighthearted element. Anyone can jump in on Tennis or Bowling or Boxing with a quick 30 second tutorial. Baseball is all a matter of how much baseball you've played in your life. If you've never swung a bat, the timing will be very tricky when batting. Golf is not for your Wiiless friends. It's precise and frustrating and in a party setting, they will not have fun. If you what to strike out on your own with it, you'll probably enjoy it.

In the end, I have two complaints: 1) I just wish there was more stuff (more sports), but I guess they gotta save stuff for WiiSports2 and 2) I wish in was playable online. Maybe the sequel. Because of the no online play, I'm giving it:

4.5 Miis out of 5

Upcoming Wiiviews: Trauma Center: 2nd Opinion, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and WarioWare: Smooth Moves

My review of WiiSports is about the same (of course, I've only played it a grand total of two times...at someone else's house...yeah). I don't know...it seems too "gimmicky" for me. It's a lot of fun, I'll admit, but I can't wait for the Wii to move out of the "hey, we've got a new controller and you can do KA-RAZY things with it" phase and move into some good gaming.

I feel they are already there. And Wii sports is challenging when you try to improve your preformance. They have cool training games and keep your skill score up is tough against tough opponents. all that, and it's easy enough for a nongamer to pick up and play and have a grand old time. It's definitelya solid title that is more than just a gimmick.

Yeah, agreed. With 2T, as well.

Only got to play bowling and tennis but shit was fun. I guess ill laregely lean towards wii-exclusive games too, from reviews ive read UA is an example of a game that, cause it wasnt made for this setup, plays slightly awkward.

keep the wiiviews comin.

thats funny, cause Rayman did that before, i think it was on either the dreamcast or PS2: came out early in the lineup as a solid platformer with good graphics, got high makrs, and i never heard from it for a while.

anyway, i dont doubt that itll be a good game, man.

Just found a used copy of trauma center from gamefly (my rental site) for $35, i might jump on that.

Archived