Hondo's Bar

Strangers in Paradise

This is my sappy thread, my little space on the internet to piss and whine and moan about the only comic book that has changed my veiws on comic books and comic book artwork since preacher.

two issues left.

*SOB*

so yeah. I'm a loser.

i even have Terry's artwork on my ankle, the only other artwork i have is my husbands.

which is kind of creepy. If you think about it.

Anyone else here read SiP? I'd hate to give away spoilers.

Once again, Skeeter's insatiable need to know rears its ugly head. Well, I'm as much in the dark as you, Skeeter, m'boy, but if I had four guesses I'd say...

'Stupid in Pennsylvania'?

'Staining it Purple'?

'Sunlight is Painful'?

'Screams if Poked'?

The pocket books can be found anywhere. I think that's the best way to read the series. i didn't start reading until the third pocketbook came out, there are also some compliation books but i've never bothered with those. check out strangersinparadise.com for more info on the storyline/artwork. Just stay away from the message boards...those people are just weird.

i was skeptical until i started reading it, i was pleasently surprised by the amount of realisim to the charecters.

there's also been numerous crossovers (kabuki is the only one that pops into my mind) that feature Francine and Katchoo. Katchoo is on the back of the latest issue of Wizard as well. Terry Moore is a great comic book artist, he doesn't draw superheros, he just draws real people.

• 1 year later...

Bringing this thread back to life.

I just picked up Volume 1 of SiP and wow. I am totally in love with non-superhero and non-zombie comics. This comic is great, has action, drama, love, everything you can ask for. I read it though once and I am rereading it. The characters are so freaking lovable and the dialog so great, I felt pulled in from the very first page.

One thing I have learned from Volume 1 is that even when you get shot in the liver you still have to pay your rent.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived