Hondo's Bar

The Noma Project

Stilly

Just pimping out my own music, I suppose. I've been hard at work over the past *cough* day coming up with some new stuff for you types. Actually, I've been putting together the overall concept for a good while now, and it's finally starting to make some progress.

For musics, check out the myspace here.

Quick rundown of the tracks:

"Noma7" - More or less a test track, still working at building some kind of style here. I learned how to use a vocoder minutes prior to making this one. Contrary to popular belief, does NOT say "Rachael" over and over again...it's actually just gibberish randomly thrown together. More than likely will not be on any "album". Hondo's exclusive, I guess.

"Noma0" and "Noma1" - The first two tracks of the album I'm working on, "Culture of Ignorance". I'll be exploring lots of fun and crazy shit with this one, so it'll be interesting by default. These two deal with the Heaven's Gate incident that took place in California a decade ago.

Enjoy!

man, that stuff is quite good, a bit odd, but good

Thank you, sir. Those who know me know that it's meant to be odd, because I'm a bit off as it is, and this could almost be considered an extension of my persona.

Or something like that, ha.

Thank you, sir. Those who know me know that it's meant to be odd, because I'm a bit off as it is, and this could almost be considered an extension of my persona.

Or something like that, ha.

well from talking to you the few times i have on aim, mostly about pirates..... i gathered it wouldnt be the atypical music lots of others would make...

tally ho sire!

• 4 weeks later...

Because the merger of Stillbored Industries and the Multinational Lycaon Corporation fell through, I'll be answering all questions directed at Lybored Inc. from here on out.

I don't really understand this music style either, haha. Actually, I'm not really going for a genre or anything, just kinda making what feels right at the moment. I can't really vouch for other musicians, but I know I generally have an idea in my head, be it political or whatever, and it seems to keep running through my head as I write the music. I could have a scene from a movie looping through my head for some reason, and that's where I'll draw my ideas from.

However, most of what I think is my best stuff usually comes out when I'm depressed and pissed off at everything. It's always been that way in my drawings and photoshop work, and it seems to carry over to music.

I've had conversations with many, many composers (especially back when I was in music school...kinda helped being surrounded by them), and a lot of them said the same thing...when they felt the worst is when their art was at its best.

Sometimes I just sit down and have fun, and enjoyable stuff comes out. The "Only" remix is a prime example of that...I was just screwing around with the original tracks, and stumbled upon a cool idea...and ran with it.

Ok, that's enough out of me. I may have been to music school and whatnot, but MH is the one with the talent around these parts.

Ok, that's enough out of me. I may have been to music school and whatnot, but MH is the one with the talent around these parts.

hahahah I see how you slipped that in there, you sly dog. You should close your silly mouth and take credit where it's due! I loved the remix!!! Very clean and original sir.

• 10 months later...

Archived