Hondo's Bar

Band of the week!

The premise of this thread is reccomending a band for everyone to check out really, feel free to suggest bands, put up lyrics, quote from wikipedia (like im about to do) and or or videos... I think it'd be a good way of broadening one's musical pallate

Unkle is a British musical outfit founded in 1994 by school friends James Lavelle and Tim Goldsworthy. Originally categorized as trip-hop, the group once included producer DJ Shadow and has employed a variety of guest artists and producers.

The album i'd most reccomend is war stories (their most recent). In my opinion, its something else

My Band of the Week is the criminally underrated, seminal 70s hard rock/glam band T. Rex. I've been all about their album Electric Warrior this week... it's definitely one of those albums you crank while driving with the windows down.

It also makes an awesome Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Festivus gift...

From Wikipedia:

"T.Rex were founded by Marc Bolan in August 1967 and performed just once as a four-piece rock band, at Electric Garden in Covent Garden, London, before immediately breaking up in disarray. Bolan retained the services of percussionist Steve Peregrin Took and the duo began producing eccentric, pastoral, and folk-tinged ditties steeped in Tolkienian mythology, with spiritual homages to Gene Vincent and Eddie Cochran thrown into the mix for good measure.

The combination of Bolan's acoustic guitar and cat-like wail with Steve Took's bongos and assorted percussion, which often included children's instruments such as the Pixiephone, gained them a devoted following on a thriving underground scene that included the Incredible String Band. Disc jockey John Peel befriended the band and ferried them to and from gigs in his Mini. Peel later appeared on record with them, reading stories written by Bolan. Another key collaborator was producer Tony Visconti, who went on to produce the band's albums well into their second phase."

20th Century Boy

Jeepster (used in Tarantino's Death Proof)

Jitterbug Love (extended version)

The premise of this thread is reccomending a band for everyone to check out really, feel free to suggest bands, put up lyrics, quote from wikipedia (like im about to do) and or or videos... I think it'd be a good way of broadening one's musical pallate

The album i'd most reccomend is war stories (their most recent). In my opinion, its something else

how about linking some tunes?

• 5 months later...

Archived