Hondo's Bar

Resident Evil: Degeneration

The NZA

good question; i figured this early on, there's be nothing solid...according to the wiki, im largely right:

Biohazard: Degeneration is the first full-length CG animation feature based upon the Resident Evil series of games and films. It was announced by Capcom and Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan on October 29, 2007. It is currently in production, with plans for a release in 2008.

On November 10, 2007, Capcom announced that the cast had been set, but did not unveil them. While the film will feature a "brand new storyline", promotional footage suggests that the film will be set "7 years from Raccoon City" (the events of Resident Evil 2), showing Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield. It will be titled Resident Evil: Degeneration in the West, as with the rest of the game series.

• 11 months later...

Also caught this one tonight...

felt like it took place after part 3, but before Code: Veronica, though i could be wrong. Definitely before 4 was what i caught from it.

the short summary is: its like watching RE game cinemas, without the bits where you play in between. meaning, fans of the game will get a kick out of it, anyone who didnt play the series on the PS1, id not recommend it personally. its more entertaining and less esoteric than say Advent Children, but that's not a very high bar. seriously, you couldve taken out 1/3 or more of the scenes and made them playable and it wouldve felt like a fun side story, seeing the crew from RE2 reunite and all. Fun stuff.

felt like it took place after part 3, but before Code: Veronica, though i could be wrong. Definitely before 4 was what i caught from it.

the short summary is: its like watching RE game cinemas, without the bits where you play in between. meaning, fans of the game will get a kick out of it, anyone who didnt play the series on the PS1, id not recommend it personally. its more entertaining and less esoteric than say Advent Children, but that's not a very high bar. seriously, you couldve taken out 1/3 or more of the scenes and made them playable and it wouldve felt like a fun side story, seeing the crew from RE2 reunite and all. Fun stuff.

I didn't mean to quote the above. But lately I've been drunken posting. Because lately I'm finding myself drunk quite too often...hm, sad.

Anywho.

I noticed Leon in the bit, that makes me excited. But from the snaps I've seen and the trailer previously posted, I kinda feel like its going to be an extended cut-scene from 4. Though I LOVED that game, don't get me wrong, I feel it was the best ever in the franchise -- nay, best ever zombie killing game!? at least it scared me a bit -- I figure they could do better. Its obviously still in prelims, right? And I haven't read up on it much because I'm too busy thinking about hamburger helper, but still I feel as though we've come a long way in the CG world since FF Spirits Within, so can't they do a bit better?

By "can't they do" I mean, "Hope they do". Either way, I'm gonna enjoy the hell outtuv it. Anything zombie will cream my spinach. Or corn, depending on you taste... Hell yeah.

If I'm not mistaken, this actually takes place after RE4 and is suppose to link up with RE5. That Tricell Company is what's behind what's going on in RE5. However, RE5 is suppose to show what been going on with Chris Redfield over the ten years after the first RE game. And Sherry Birkin (little girl from RE2) is somehow involved. Confused? So am I... and so was Degeneration, but hey, it was fun to watch.

huh. really? Leon's got the look of RE4, just thought he'd be elsewhere after the fact. Claire, she...i dunno, she's skilled, i just didnt get the "i made it through veronica" vibe, but characterization wasnt the film's strength. interesting.

Birkin was the mayor's daughter of RE2, or something like that, right? Mr "EVERYONE'S GONNA DIE!"? that's all i remember of that. the Tricell corp thing...if that's the new umbrella, then yeah, i think i can guess who the new Wesker is.

huh. really? Leon's got the look of RE4, just thought he'd be elsewhere after the fact. Claire, she...i dunno, she's skilled, i just didnt get the "i made it through veronica" vibe, but characterization wasnt the film's strength. interesting.

Birkin was the mayor's daughter of RE2, or something like that, right? Mr "EVERYONE'S GONNA DIE!"? that's all i remember of that. the Tricell corp thing...if that's the new umbrella, then yeah, i think i can guess who the new Wesker is.

Well, you gotta understand that Code: Veronica took place just a few months after RE2. And the movie is what...seven years later? During that time, Leon was questioned about the Raccoon City incident by the government and eventually he became an agent. There's a huge gap between Code: Veronica and RE4 and the only other event that happens afterward is in the Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii. Chris and Jill infiltrate Umbrella's last stronghold in Russia. Wesker also shows up to recover some important files, but all this ends in Umbrella finally being exposed and the government shutting them down. Fast forward about 4 years and enter Resident Evil 4 and the return of Leon Kennedy. What transpired in RE4 (Las Plagas...tentacle monster coming out of people's heads and such), appears to be happening in Africa according to Chris Redfield in the TGS 08 trailer. What we also learn is that Chris joined the Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSAA)[sheva also is a part of this organization] which is established early in the trailers, but we don't really hear about Jill. So anyway, that covers... something. Um, as for the girl, yeah, not sure how she's involved, but she is. I guess we'll have to wait and see in 3 months or so.

Archived