Hondo's Bar

Greatest Game Designer of all time

daytripper

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

its gotta be miyamoto... for the metroid series....:wub:

I hope you were kidding on that one, either that or you missed the whole Metroid was NOT developed by Miyamoto thing. It was developed by Gunpei Yokoi nad Nintendo R&D1, Miyamoto used to work for R&D1 but he left and headed his own team back in the mid eighties.

Yokoi died in a car accident in 1997. He also produced hte sequel, there have been way too many different directors to mention here as far as Metroid goes, but Miyamoto was not a major force in that series at all.

Without Final Fantasy, there would be no...well you get the idea.

Though final fantasy and Dragon Quest were both derivatives of Ultima and Wizardry (both wildly popular in Japan at the time.), they both were simply following the formulas before them, and tweaking things. They both did amazing jobs however, and that's why those series are still around today. I just still need to give Garriot his props for Ultima though. He did make the first computer RPG.

Oh yeah...forgot about Lord British! Very true...you have to give that psycho props for Ultima. Richard Garriott lives in an effing castle, you can't deny a man props when he's got a moat around his home. I just never got into the game is all. But yes, Richard Garriott does deserve his hoorahs.

richardgarriottxj0.jpg

Edited by Losifer

Ultima VII is coming as part of an EA classics collection to the PSP sadly it is the SNES port (translated from a Super Famicom port IIRC) that took one of hte greatest games of all time, and not only censored the living hell out of it, but fucked with the controls and gameplay so much that it turned into a steaming pile of horeshit.

That port is probably one of the reasons Ultima fandom pretty much died out in Japan. At least until UO anyhow.

I would have loved to have played Ultima Underworld on PS1 though, I know it came out in Japan, but never over here.

• 3 years later...