Hondo's Bar

Blade of the Immortal

The NZA

keyvisual1.jpg

:confused:here!

The May issue (on sale on March 25) of Kodansha's Monthly Afternoon magazine will confirm that a television anime version of Hiroaki Samura's Blade of the Immortal manga will premiere this summer in Japan. Tomokazu Seki (Escaflowne's Van, Gungrave's Beyond the Grave) will voice the main character Manji — a rōnin swordsman condemned to immortality unless he kills a thousand evil men for all the good men he killed. Rina Satou (Negima!'s Negi, Bamboo Blade's Satori) will play Manji's fellow traveler Rin. Hirofumi Nojima (Kagehisa Anotsu), Kazuya Nakai (Taito Magatsu), Masashi Ebara (Sabato Kurui), Katsuyuki Konishi (Eikū Shizuma), Daisuke Namikawa (Araya Kawakami), Mamiko Noto (Makie), Megumi Toyoguchi (Hyakurin), Toshiyuki Morikawa (Giichi), Shinichiro Miki (Shira), and Maaya Sakamoto (Machi) complete the cast.

Koichi Mashimo will direct the animators on Bee Train as he did for the .hack// franchise and Noir. Hiroyuki Kawasaki (The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Sorcerer Hunters) will oversee the scripts, and Yoshimitsu Yamashita (Murder Princess, Samurai Champloo animation director) will design the characters. Kō Ōtani (Ayakashi Ayashi, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing) will compose the music.

Dark Horse Comics publishes the manga in North America.

For info on why the series is so awesome, check out my thread on the manga. For a sneak peek at a promo image (to see how faithful the art style is so far), check out the official site here.

ive got the scans somewhere if you want a refresher, Los. Great series.

newt/maldron - wait, i dont know about this Bee Train. we being sarcastic, or are my hopes of an uncensored DVD release not gonna happen?

newt/maldron - wait, i dont know about this Bee Train. we being sarcastic, or are my hopes of an uncensored DVD release not gonna happen?

They did everything .hack// that was animation related. They also did Avenger, Noir, MADLAX, Tsubasa Chronicles, and god forbid you've ever seen it - Spider Riders. Their animation style isn't bad, but it isn't highly stylized either, and the series they churn out tend to be maddeningly slow-paced and incredibly non-violent.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived