Hondo's Bar

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

i'm hoping to like 2 more next time. the stuff with hellboy & the BPRD regulars was all good (and seth was great too) but the villain kinda felt flat, and even more than 1, it didnt have the feel of the book at all. i still kinda agree with junker or whoever said it didnt feel like Hellboy's show.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krauss is so good. i wouldn't know this was Mcfarlane if it hadn'tve been pointed out to me.

*edit - maybe i was too harsh on 2. it's a good flick, again just diverges even more from the feel of the book, no plot point more than

again why the fuck is liz preggers, much less twins

haha, swear to god i was watching and at one point i remember thinking "I bet bindy crushes on this chick."

"...and her brother too." :2T: admit it, you caught wood when he was flipping and waving that spear-sword thing around

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

“The first film is very much a collaboration between the two of us,” continued Mignola. “The second one we sat down and tried to do an adaptation of the comics. Within an hour it became clear that he had changed the character so much from the comics that we couldn’t adapt any comic stories. So the first film is very much a collaboration. The second film is very much Guillermo. There was a moment in filming the second film where I said ‘Hellboy wouldn’t do that,’ and Del Toro said, ‘This isn’t your Hellboy, it’s my Hellboy.’ So, you grow a thicker skin and you deal with it. It is what it is.”

looking to hit a panel of he & jeff smith next month in ohio, super excited!