Hondo's Bar

Why can't there be a Luke Cage comic?

For or against a Luke Cage comic  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i wouldnt do another MAX series, didnt really go for that. But the inevitable Bendis series, now that he's spent years fleshing him out & giving him backbone and such (civil war helped), i think id be all over it. im starting to see in that character what he's obviously seen for years.

I thought they gave him his own series a few years back and it was all series and edgy and whatnot? I'm not a big reader of Cage cause I don't care how "Strett" he gets or how many Chinese take-out bags he puts on his head, he once wore an unbuttoned yellow dress shirt and a tiara and a log chain for a belt.

I know he had his own comic (I have very little of his old stuff). What I meant was like a whole new thing. I would think Bendis writing it would make it gold, but that's just me cause I like his writing alot. I wouldn't want it to be a MAX comic again cause it just becomes hit or miss for me. Punisher is good in MAX and so was the mini that Fury had but anything else I have noticed hasn't been really good to catch my eye. Anyway a MK series written by Bendis would be great.

The thing I find hard to like with Cage is he's not particularly strong on his own. I mean I know a good writer could give The Constricter his own series and Nick would be clicking "download" with one hand and jacking off with the other simultaneously. But I don't know, as much as I like the character I just can't picture him done in any manner that's going to make me interested in him and only him. That's why he and Iron Fist worked so well together for years.

Archived