Hondo's Bar

Zombieland

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I keep thinking that the zombie genre has finally reached that point that vampire films did in the mid-90s where it's just time to forget about them for 10 years because there's really nothing left. But every time something like this comes out and proves me wrong.

Non-British made zombie movies that are not from 20 years ago or earlier don't put my hopes up.

Dance of the Dead

Undead

Slither

Special dEaD

Dead and Breakfast

Planet Terror

[REC]

Pontypool

Fido

Land of the Dead

Diary of the Dead

Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead

Quarantine (US remake of [REC], but still counts)

Outpost

The Roost

Severed: Forest of the Dead

Automoton Transfusion

All non-British and released since 2000, admittedly some are barely even zombies and Severed and Special dEaD walk the fine line between great and shit. But regardless, that's a pretty respectable list.

Dance of the Dead

Great one for an indy!

Undead

Crap. Sucks such an awesome name was wasted on this flick.

Slither

I guess technically a zombie movie. Also bad (my opinion... I know people like this one).

Special dEaD

Never seen or head of.

Dead and Breakfast

Ok. Nice try by the film makers, but doesn't make my cut.

Planet Terror

Awesome! One of my faves.

[REC]

Also awesome! American DVD comin' out next month... bought.

Pontypool

Never heard of.

Fido

One of my faves.

Land of the Dead

Romero. Nuff said.

Diary of the Dead

Same.

Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead

With a name like that, has to be shit. Haven't seen it though, so I don't know for sure.

Quarantine (US remake of [REC], but still counts)

An abortion! Should never have been remade. AND it's not even zombies. It's... rabies. Crap.

Outpost

Great potential, but no. Not even zombies either.

The Roost

Never seen it.

Severed: Forest of the Dead

Same.

Automoton Transfusion

And possibility the worst on this list. My god, was so bad.

All non-British and released since 2000, admittedly some are barely even zombies and Severed and Special dEaD walk the fine line between great and shit. But regardless, that's a pretty respectable list.

I can probably find some more to add, but I gotta think. I'll get back to this...

I don't get your hatred for Undead, it has everything over-the-top action, gore, humor, zombies. I'm assuming you get hung up on the whole alien thing like everybody else did, I personally thought it was an interesting take even if it did kinda make the second half drag at times.

And Automaton Transfusion had some charm under all that low-budget.

Also:

Special dEaD

Pontypool

Poultrygeist (It's a TROMA film)

The Roost

Severed

also, ill not hear Slither besmirched. Nathan Fillon does no wrong.
Not to mention an ensemble cast of Nathan Fillion, Greg Henry, Elizabeth Banks, and Michael Rooker
Can't go wrong with Nazi zombies
Well the review I heard over on CHUD wasn't good but then again Devin Faraci is a snobbish cunt who only manages to be right about half the time. I'll reserve judgement till I see it.

Well when you get down here you can show me your whole stash, i've been meaning to get a new unhealthy obsession over something lately, it's been a while.
I smell a zombie marathon in addition to the anime one. This makes me happy.
I don't get your hatred for Undead, it has everything over-the-top action, gore, humor, zombies. I'm assuming you get hung up on the whole alien thing like everybody else did, I personally thought it was an interesting take even if it did kinda make the second half drag at times.And Automaton Transfusion had some charm under all that low-budget.Also:Special dEaD
Looks promising.
Pontypool
Looks promising.
Poultrygeist (It's a TROMA film)
Looks unappealing. Then again its TROMA, that doesn't surprise me too much.
The Roost
Some potential.
Severed
Some potential.
Can't go wrong with Nazi zombies
It would seem difficult.

First off let me say thanks to Baytor for these awesome vids, cause ALL of these films have Panchy's name written all over them!

I don't get your hatred for Undead, it has everything over-the-top action, gore, humor, zombies. I'm assuming you get hung up on the whole alien thing like everybody else did, I personally thought it was an interesting take even if it did kinda make the second half drag at times.

Sorry man, couldn't like it. Great potential, but you got it... aliens is what fucked it up. That and the zombie fish. Didn't like the zombie fish (but ironically liked the zombie frog in Dance of the Dead).

And Automaton Transfusion had some charm under all that low-budget.

No way. Hurt my eyes looking at it. Hurt my heart for the zombie lover in me.

Special dEaD - Looks funny. Gonna check it out, but I know it'll be one of those I don't keep.

Pontypool - Had seen this (not the movie, but the news on it) and liked it's working title better. Dead Air. If it's good, I'll buy it and print up a cover with 'Dead Air'. Done.

Poultrygeist - Woah. I'll watch it, but know I won't like it. It'll be one of the underground hits for sure.

The Roost - Already forgot the trailer, but'll give a try. I always do!

Severed - Could be the sleeper of the bunch. Very interested.

Alex's Dead Snow - Also, all Panchy right there.

Oh and Slither? Sorry Nick. Watched it in the theater and wanted my money back. How often do I say that?

Pontypool - Had seen this (not the movie, but the news on it) and liked it's working title better. Dead Air. If it's good, I'll buy it and print up a cover with 'Dead Air'. Done.

No no, Dead Air is a different zombie movie featuring a radio DJ, that one has Bill Moseley and hasn't come out yet.

Archived