Hondo's Bar

Billy Mays found dead....

Keth

Man, this sucks. I had a love hate relationship with that guy, but more love than anything.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/28/billy-mays-is-dead/

Mays had just returned from Philadelphia, where he shot a new OxiClean commercial. He was a passenger aboard a plane that suffered a blown front tire upon landing. He told a local TV station, "All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

We're told Mays was at his home around 6:00 PM last night, and according to a source Mays was "acting fine and normal ... he was talking business with his father-in-law."

What a way to go. I'm assuming after the blow to the head, he came home, went to sleep and never woke up. So sad...

We were talking about all the celebrity deaths today and someone brought up this guy's name. I argued he wasn't a celebrity, but I conceded that he was "technically" a celebrity. Not to start an MJ thread kind of dramaz, but I could seriously give a rats arse if the guy died. Yeah, sorry to his family and all--as sorry as an absolute stranger can be for such a thing--but I'm playing the apathy card here; pitchmen/women are about as useful to society as smog.

We were talking about all the celebrity deaths today and someone brought up this guy's name. I argued he wasn't a celebrity, but I conceded that he was "technically" a celebrity. Not to start an MJ thread kind of dramaz, but I could seriously give a rats arse if the guy died. Yeah, sorry to his family and all--as sorry as an absolute stranger can be for such a thing--but I'm playing the apathy card here; pitchmen/women are about as useful to society as smog.

His name and face are recognized, technically a celebrity. Besides, Billy Mays was more of a celebrity than Fitness Celebrity Jonathan Basedow (whom we know is a celebrity because he calls himself Fitness Celebrity Jonathan Basedow)

^^I've never heard of that fitness guy. Does he post in the gym thread? :FHD:

Nobody has, but he seems to think he did, he had a series of infomercials that were on pretty much constantly about how to get sculpted abs or something. It featured, among other ridiculous things, a picture of him standing shirtless rubbing himself as water ran down his chest. It was weird.

Archived