Hondo's Bar

Shia LaBeouf hates the Wii!!

Mr. Hakujin

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged...ds-him-/1329254

Would you play LEGO Star Wars with Megan Fox? Her "Transformers" co-star Shia LaBeouf apparently won't -- at least, not on the Nintendo Wii. Even though the pair have been romantically linked in recent press reports, LaBeouf told gaming blog Big Download in an interview that he'd rather "eat glass" than play the Wii version of this two-player blockbuster.

That's not all Shia had to say: although he's keen to talk up Activision's game based on "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen", he saves his praise for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions. Asked about the Wii version, he sidesteps: "I haven't been able to play the Wii game because my hand is broken...I would imagine that the Wii experience will be like...I don't mess with the Wii, to be honest with you. It's kind of an amateur console. I'm not into the Wii thing."

So how about the LEGO Indiana Jones game? (Shia fans will note, of course, that LeBeouf played Indy's son in the most recent Indy movie.) "The LEGO Indiana Jones I'm not going to speak on, but my feelings aren't very different."

Wonder if Activision has picked a spokesperson for the next Transformers game? If not, we'd suggest someone who's a little less likely to slam your own products in public.

I'm not even close to being anything resembling a hardcore gamer (I still haven't finished Halo 2), but the LEGO STAR WARS games on the Wii are some of the most fun I've had in front of a TV screen--LEGO Indy not so much.

I like him in movies enough and all, but honestly, if you're w/ Megan Fox just STFU and enjoy the Ozzy play the Wii.

it really doesnt.

I disagree with DoJ personally though, once you have the wii cracked open there's some solid games for it that dont get played much - granted, its like a drunken multiplayer machine, but there's single player fun to be had

i mean, once its free and all

:FHD:

Yeah Wii does have some good games once you wade through the shit. I'm just wondering why anyone gives two tugs on a dead dog's cock that Shia LaBeouf doesn't like it. I'm sure Micahel J. Fox hates the Wii (after all, it's hard to bowl when your hands are all shaky) but I don't lose respect for the man just because he doesn't like a glorified Eye Toy with a few decent games that have nothing to do with the gimmick.

Idunno, It's kinda cool to see a celebrity unafraid of pissing off a potential sponsor or whatever. Everyone in Hollywood is so damned guarded and careful not to offend(especially with the money Nintendo throws at celebrity endorsements), I like the idea of even someone as inconsequential(to me anyways) as Shia whatevers to just say 'fuck those clown shoes'.

And let's face it: You're courting Megan Fox, are you really gonna wanna play any kind of fucking console, let alone the one that makes even the 37EET look like dangerous spastics? Guaranteed he's either guiding that wiimote-carrying hand into his pants, or making her check his sweet leaderboard status on COD4 or someshit.

Regarding opinions of the Wii, I think yeah, Clownshoes. Drunken party fun and keeping your retarded cousin busy are it's main points, even the rare cream of the crop(Trauma Centre, HOTD) will only see you through a few weeks at best.

says cooking mama over there

ok, so one night at h-con, drunk or not, we'll go through house of the dead overkill and a handful of other titles and we'll see if you maintain your stance, sir. if its still shit & chips, ill have a shot of a liquor of your choosing.

Like that's some form of punishment! We do shots for breakfast down here! I'm maybe being a little harsh if you interpret my stance as 'shit & chips', not to mention I'm confused that you'd nominate to make the one positive I put forward for it your defence(ie- I KNOW it's good for party fun, drunk or otherwise but drunk's always better). I'm just saying that Shia's stance, as someone who probably doesn't have social friends so much as 'hangers-on' is possibly justified because he simply doesn't have adquate conditions in which to enjoy the Wii, and for the most part, neither do I.

ok, so one night at h-con, drunk or not, we'll go through house of the dead overkill

We can play a game to see who says fuck more, the characters in the game, or me. I'm pretty gutter mouthed as is, but I think I've cursed at light gun games more than anything in my entire life.

Ten bucks on the black guy

I forgot to mention Cooking Mama as the best possible reason to buy a Wii, bar none.

Trust me, I turn into Dolemite when I play House of the Dead, though I suppose my anger will be soothed by the fact that I don't have to pump 75 cents into the machine every time I run out of lives. I almost got asked to leave a skating rink once because of this. (Apparently using the word cunt 8 times in a minute around a children's birthday party is frowned upon now, who knew?)

Archived