Hondo's Bar

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Newtype

I say - bring it! They gotta end that series run on a good note. After the poor reception Skull got and the kinda statements Ford has made - I've always expected one last hoorah. I could just tell Ford wanted to give it one more go - he really does love the series. I'm glad Ford and Spielberg are back and I bet they're gonna take it back to that darker, edgier place.

Don't know if I'd be as excited if it were a reboot w/ Chris Pratt or something...which I expect eventually.

For me, Skull went off the rails w/ the green screen sword-fighting through the cg forest and Shia effortlessly swinging around w/ monkeys. They gotta tone that kinda shit down.

I'm actually super excited for this. I'm a major Crystal Skull apologist, I think it had a ton of great moments and sequences that more than make up for the nuclear fridge and Mutt Williams, King of the Jungle.

Think about this though, it will have been over 11 years since Crystal Skull when Indy 5 drops. Christ.....

• Like 1

The aliens were legit for the genre. The whole issue of Crystal Skulls is about ancient aliens meddling in our civilization (Both noun and verb senses of the word). It would have been shocking if a movie about those skulls didn't have aliens.

As long as Indy's digging about in ancient secrets and conspiracies, it's a great trope to explore.

That said, the movie sucked. Acting, framing, dialogue and wit, pacing, effects... It was all well below par.

• 3 months later...

Wow - I'm sure Lucas is dying inside watching Disney move on w/ his properties w/out him. I bet Spielberg called him up and let him know 'Disney wants me to do another Indy' - and Lucas jumped 'Can you get me in there?!'

He's seriously a control-freak. How awkward, after the shit he said about selling his company to 'white slavers' - now he's a Disney employee...god, I can't help but laugh at the blatant, shameless insanity. He totally regrets selling his shit.

Hopefully - Spielberg, Lucas and Ford understand what went wrong w/ Skull and something worthwhile comes of this.

• 9 months later...

So this thread has been deathly quiet. Just found this snippet and wasn't sure where to put it. Not sure if this future movie is going to be a big draw if they ever get around to making it as one of the leads keeps making headlines like these:

Shia LaBeouf film sells only one ticket in UK

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/05/entertainment/shia-labeouf-man-down-ticket/index.html

Shia La-M'eh...that ain't Indy 5 news! Burn him!

LOL - wink.png

On Indy 5, tho - pretty sure I read a bit ago that Lucas made the decision not to be involved...in any capacity w/ Indy 5. Spielberg n' Ford said they'd be moving forward w/out his input. Yay? I think that's, yay. I think...

EDIT: Added a link - yup, Lucas is out.

https://www.forbes.c...5/#61d443c01afc

GEORGE LUCAS NO LONGER INVOLVED IN INDY 5

According to Collider, George Lucas is not going to be involved in the story of Indiana Jones 5, which apparently is a film that’s happening for some reason. The news comes as a surprise, seeing as George Lucas has been heavily involved in the creative direction of every Indiana Jones film so far, and was responsible for creating the character in the first place. Spielberg himself recently stated, "Of course I would never make an Indiana Jones film without George Lucas. That would be insane."

And yet here we are, moving on without him.

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/indiana-jones-5-release-date-steven-spielberg-harrison-ford-a7702441.html

DISNEY ANNOUNCES OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE FOR INDIANA JONES - PART 5.

July 10, 2020

Previously, chairman of Walt Disney Studios Alan Horn had said the company would "bring him[Jones] back to the screen in 2019.”

The fifth film in the Indiana Jones series will see both Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford (who will be in his late 70s) return, with a script penned by David Koepp, who also worked on the widely panned Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull.

A delay on the release should come as no surprise to those familiar with Spielberg's upcoming schedule: the director is currently working on Ready Player One and the Tom Hanks-starring story about The Washington Post, tentatively titled The Post.

indianajonesold.jpg

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • The NZA changed the title to Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny