Hondo's Bar

Toy Story 3

The NZA

nice! let it be known, mal has...resources.

so yeah, lookin' good so far.

I've seen that video he posted as a preview for the inflight movie on American Airlines flights...

several times... and I think at the movie tavern in Bedford as well before they show their films, Ryan could vouch for that maybe?

yeah, i heard it was in theaters now, just my first time seeing it. Its a teaser, but a fun one.

Ah okay, well yeah... part 1 an 2 were both pretty good so I have high hopes.

I know people won't agree but this is really a type of movie you can play around with a lot and not ruin.

Edited by SpunkyMonkey

The youtube video is of the Teaser. Nick's link is to the full trailer playing now with the in-theaters Double Feature of Toy Story 1 & 2...in 3D! Trailer looks good. The guy who filmed it in the theaters was probably able to get it passed security because the guard felt bd talking a video camera away from a guy with Parkinson's.

• 1 year later...

I've searched Hondo's, but it seems I never gave my thoughts on Toy Story 3 after watching it. Now, there are 2 months left in the year, and alot of any year's best films come out towards the end, so it's possible I may be wrong when I say this is the best film of the year. I can't understand anyone who doesn't think this deserves at the very least a best film nomination, even if they still nominated only 5 films, let alone now that they nominate 10. This film was created visually entirely in computers, and the majority of the principle characters are non-human, and yet this is possibly the most human film I've ever seen. Toy Story 3 explored many themes, but one of the central one was the question of what it means to exist when no one loves you, and whether you can be said to truly exist at all. Few films are capable, or willing to explore that, and Toy Story 3 does it exceptionally. If you haven't seen this film yet, you should.

Edited by Reverend Jax

Great movie and probably better than the rest, but what else came out this year? Cause there was SOMETHING out there better.

Really? What else has come out this year that's better? Inception? Inception was cool and fun and really well made, and it left you thinking about the movie for several days, or even weeks, but at its core, it wasn't a better movie than Toy Story 3. The Social Network has been getting some buzz, and I haven't seen it yet, but I doubt I'll pull me in the way TS3 did. There's been some movies this year that I would call both really fun and pretty damn well made...Iron Man 2, Scott Pilgrim, Kick-Ass, Machete, How To Train Your Dragon, Get Him To The Greek...none of those in the same league as TS3. I've heard good things about The Town, put still, I'm skeptical I'll come away from it feeling as effected as I was with TS3.

Until I see something out there to convince me otherwise, Toy Story 3 is my current pick for the Best Picture Oscar.

• 1 year later...

I've searched Hondo's, but it seems I never gave my thoughts on Toy Story 3 after watching it. Now, there are 2 months left in the year, and alot of any year's best films come out towards the end, so it's possible I may be wrong when I say this is the best film of the year. I can't understand anyone who doesn't think this deserves at the very least a best film nomination, even if they still nominated only 5 films, let alone now that they nominate 10. This film was created visually entirely in computers, and the majority of the principle characters are non-human, and yet this is possibly the most human film I've ever seen. Toy Story 3 explored many themes, but one of the central one was the question of what it means to exist when no one loves you, and whether you can be said to truly exist at all. Few films are capable, or willing to explore that, and Toy Story 3 does it exceptionally. If you haven't seen this film yet, you should.

finally saw it - good film, but yeah, if i could go back, id vote for "whatever doesn't feel like a children's film that kicks me in the balls for a few hours". shit was harsh.

• 8 months later...