153_x_men__second_coming_1g_02.jpg

154_x_men__second_coming_1_varianth_02.jpg

X-MEN: SECOND COMING

Written by Christopher Yost & CRAIG KYLE

Pencils & Variant Cover by David Finch

Cover by ADI GRANOV

ENLARGE IMAGE

Many will be wounded. Several will die.

The climax of four years of X-Men stories is the X-Event of 2010! What started in HOUSE OF M with the Decimation of mutantkind and erupted with the first new mutant birth in MESSIAH COMPLEX finishes here. In the epic crossover SECOND COMING, Cyclops’ faith pays off when Cable returns to the present with Hope, the girl he believes to be the mutant messiah. But will she be the savior or destroyer of mutantkind? We may never know, as she is the target of an initiative for mutant eradication unlike anything they X-Men have ever experienced. Many will be wounded. Several will die. Is Hope worth it?

SecondComing_OneWillDie_02.jpg

SecondComing_OneWillLead_02.jpg

xmen_second6.jpg

1265044023.jpg

...yup. Heroic Age = character focus, possibly single isuses. Hondo's says "waaaaaah i dont like it". well then, here you go. me, unless this starts out good, ima stick with X-Factor. i cant even make it through Necrosha right now.

so, joel...do you take paypal, or...? :???:

I was in that camp, but the Messiah books are great and X-Facter is fucking champ.

^^listen to this man.

who reads astonishing? i fell off when Warren Ellis started fucking it up, is it readable again?

arch: could be mccoy, he's died in the ultimate universe uh, like twice? bobby though...i keep thinking, of the original x-men, he's the most pointless/easiest to kill off.

who reads astonishing? i fell off when Warren Ellis started fucking it up, is it readable again?

I like all the Warren Ellis stuff so far. He seems to understand what X-Men is actually about (hint: it isn't super heroes).

Pretty much all the stuff people complain about are what I like about the book. The dialogue entertains me and I could do without "action beats".

There are lines that make me do little yelp-laughs like a crazy person when I read it.

"Oh. Hello Emma. i didn't recognize you with your legs shut."

Summers has never been cooler and I love how he uses Wolverine to casually murder people, and Wolvie's no-questions-asked, you're-the-boss attitude. The world has changed and these mutants are like a team of pissed off post-holocaust jews.

If you didn't like his run when it started, you won't like it now either. If that's unreadable and Captain America isn't, we're just gonna have to agree to disagree and I'll stick with my stuff.

I still love you tho :cheers: , you just won't be getting an obligatory rim job when I eventually make my way east.

In the spirit of diplomacy, name a good X-Factor trade and I'll give it a whirl.

speaking of: Magneto, Emma or Scott: one of them is dying.

I'm going with Magneto. He dies all the time.

i hope newt is right. x-men was going so well with nu-scott having character, jean coming back risks fucking that up. ugh.

he's not: he's the one nobody ever knows what to do with. he's a well rounded character and a power house. Emma already pointed that out.

speaking of: Magneto, Emma or Scott: one of them is dying.

he is. he's not well-rounded at all, he's been 2-D since the start, you cant even read a mini-series of him solo without it sucking. many writers've tried, even grant morisson knew well enough to not bother. he's the knockoff of the human torch, another boring/"im here to make the jokes" character but without :cheers: 's appeal.

theyve been "saying" he has immense, untapped power for decades now. know why we havent seen it yet....? exactly.

man. id love for a writer to prove me wrong and make him have depth, but he's had since 1963 and not done it yet.

haku: i forget, shit gets so convoluted. uh...start here.

lo: see, i too only read like 1-2 issues in. Ellis had a voice, but none of it sounded like those characters to me. granted, without grant most of them barely have a voice at all, but ive read a ton of ellis and if he just brings his favorite troupes to older characters, its not necessarily a good fit for me. if you're saying its that good, ill try to push past, i just recall rolling my eyes when he had storm show up and everybody talked like someone else.

x-factor...its one continuous arc, mostly good. try the Maddox mini that launched it & see what you think...im honestly not usually partial to Peter David but i love this book. also, shut up, cap is great, you love the bru.

lo: see, i too only read like 1-2 issues in. Ellis had a voice, but none of it sounded like those characters to me. granted, without grant most of them barely have a voice at all, but ive read a ton of ellis and if he just brings his favorite troupes to older characters, its not necessarily a good fit for me. if you're saying its that good, ill try to push past, i just recall rolling my eyes when he had storm show up and everybody talked like someone else.

Don't take my word for it. I'm a sucker for anyone bringing something new to the books. I guess there's a lot of that "out of character" talk, i just happen to like his versions of the characters more. Don't go out of your way to read it, I don't need this to be a shameful black smear on my record of impeccable taste :cheers: .

x-factor...its one continuous arc, mostly good. try the Maddox mini that launched it & see what you think...

I just realized that you may be talking about the Madrox mini where he's a private detective, ya? I read that a few years ago, it was good. I had no idea X-Factor's current incarnation continued from that. I've spent the bulk of the last decade attempting to ignore the Marvel Universe, I apologize for my ignorance.

The new Ultimate Spidey has a preview of something called X-Factor Forever, it was one of the most painfully awful 4 pages I've experienced in recent memory. Cyclops says something out loud, then there's this long meandering thought balloon "Jean must be sensitive because I was married to Madelyne Pryer and had this baby and she has the memories of the phoenix still locked up in blahblahblah" it was terrible.

Clumsy fucking Chinpokomon writing. "I am sad now, because Lambtron must be very lonely because there are so few Lambtrons in the world. Will he ever find a companion?"

I can't say I've read much Peter David. I didn't buy into the Hulk hype in the 90's, but I read his wrap up of Dreadstar. Sachs and Violens. I guess that's about it.

Archived