Hondo's Bar

Which GL Would Be Best For GL Film?

Reverend Jax

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PLEASE NOTE: I have heard no word of a GL movie, but I have no doubt in these times that one is around the corner.

I'm sorry if I'm not including one somebody wants to vote for, but I don't know of any other "main" GLs other than these. I actually only knew of Guy Gardner, Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, and John Stewart, but a little research found Terry Berg.

Sure, why not? Im a fan of Kyle Rayner, or was before they brought back the whole shit "Green Lantern Corps" nonsense. Wouldnt miind the classic Hal Jordan, but i guess i lean towards the new guy, m'self (not the popular vote, by the way). Anyone bit Guy Gardner, he's a joke. John Stewart, they use in the cartoon for token black guy; he had the ring for like a day.

Actually Jax, i read somewhere (think it was comicbookresources.com) that GL's license is up for a movie, not sure where its at - Bob, you know bout this? Our other movie guy Junker should be back in town sometime tomorrow... :D

Heh, yeah. I dunno which, either, but I have heard that SOMEBODY is trying to get it made. For all I know, though, it could just be a rumor because every other comic property known to man is "trying to get made", too. So why not GL?

As for the choices, I admit I always liked Kyle's artistic angle - gave me somethin' to relate to - and the green lantern babes he'd always conjur up were much better than any gizmo Hal could come up with. But I think the public recognizes Hal more than Kyle - maybe not the character specifically, but his look and costume. So if they do end up doing a GL movie, I'd put money on them choosing him over the rest. But this is coming from a guy who would rather see a movie made about Krypto the Superdog, instead of half the movies they're "trying to get made", so bear that in mind.

Nah, just a yallow cape. The yellow guy was either Cyborg or some other weak Superman villian....i assure you, the storyline after that where Hal goes nuts & takes down the corps as Parallax would be a lot better for a movie, least i think so - again, GL's shy on villians.

Oh, and i know the movie kinda solidified it, but ive never been to sure on Green Goblin being Spidey's archnemesis, always thought Venom was cooler. No disrespect to classic villians, but cmon, its a symbiote! Theyre just cool.

Actually, I think Mogul was the big yellow guy I was thinkin' of. Somethin' like that. He was working with the Cyborg. But, yeah, he's the one that triggered that whole GL goin' nuts storyline, which is why I think it'd be great if they put that in.

Nope, no word on Silver Surfer, yet.

Eh, i dunno if i want a Surfer movie, Galactus wouldnt transfer over much better, and im still scared of the old Fantastic Four one.

Bob - Ya think the whole destruction of Coast City & Parallax thing would work in a single movie, without setup? Id like to see it, but sounds like the same roadblack "Death of Superman" mighta hit, especially with no real GL intro.

Mind ya, id rather do story arc films like that too, but Hollywood seems to dig the intro flicks.

Well, with X-Men doing intros for everyone is not possible. But they did intros for Wolvie (kinda) and Rogue, as well as Magneto. As far as Batman goes, since he doesn't have super powers, and his "intro" or "origin" involves a tramatic childhood event, that works perfectly for flachbacks as opposed to a real intro. I couldn't imagine Spidey's first move. He'd just be fighting Green Goblin, and the inner-monlouge would go something like this "...I can't help but reflect on how I became Spider-Man." Intro story have no more shance of screwing up a movie than a non-intro story arc. If an intro story is done well, it's works.

Oh please, origin storys ideal shouldn't be complicated, but interesting. The point being that it's simple effort to explain in 5 minutes but intereting enough to keep someone interested if you take a while to explain in and elaborate. The reason for this is you want a reader to be able to jump right into the series without having read the origin and not be too lost for having missed the origin, and be able to catch up quickly. On the other hand, you want the story to start out interestingly and on a strong attention grabbing manner. So if GL's origin is anygood, you could take care of it in 5 minutes if you wanted too, but it would still be interesting if you made it the first half of a movie.

• 10 years later...

I'm sorry if I'm not including one somebody wants to vote for, but I don't know of any other "main" GLs other than these. I actually only knew of Guy Gardner, Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, and John Stewart, but a little research found Terry Berg.

Oh, the days before Wikipedia...when a Google search for 'list of green lanterns' was actually a craps shoot as to whether you could find a list of Green Lanterns.