Hondo's Bar

Stanley Cup 2010

Benz

Stanley Cup 2010  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Awesome job by the Red Wings, sof! They eliminated the Coyotes!

Tonight, the hated Habs eliminated the Washington Capitals. I normally wouldn't say this, but this is actually a good thing. It means the Bruins will face the Flyers in the eastern Semi-Finals, with home ice advantage. First game is Saturday in TD Garden, Boston. We beat them in the Winter Classic and again during the season, so I feel confident we can take them. The Habs will face Pittsburgh. I think Pittsburgh will eliminate them, but I could be wrong. Either way, now I feel pretty good about our chances of actually making it to the Stanley Cup match this year.

I'll post the Match ups and update the wins in a bit.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2010 EASTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS

SERIES I

#4 small.pngPittsburgh Penguins vs. small.pngMontreal Canadiens (Habs)#8

Network

Friday, April 30 at Pittsburgh, 7:00 p.m. CBC, RDS, VERSUS

Sunday, May 2 at Pittsburgh, 2:00 p.m. NBC, CBC, RDS

Tuesday, May 4 at Montreal, 7:00 p.m. CBC, RDS, VERSUS

Thursday, May 6 at Montreal, 7:00 p.m. CBC, RDS, VERSUS

*Saturday, May 8 at Pittsburgh, 7:00 p.m. CBC, RDS, VERSUS

*Monday, May 10 at Montreal, 7:00 p.m. CBC, RDS, VERSUS

*Wednesday, May 12 at Pittsburgh, TBD CBC, RDS, VERSUS

SERIES J

#6 small.pngBoston Bruins vs. small.pngPhilladelphia Flyers #7

Network

Saturday, May 1 at Boston, 12:30 p.m. NBC, TSN

Monday, May 3 at Boston, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

Wednesday, May 5 at Philadelphia, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

Friday, May 7 at Philadelphia, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

*Monday, May 10 at Boston, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

*Wednesday, May 12 at Philadelphia, TBD TSN, VERSUS

*Friday, May 14 at Boston, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

2010 WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS

SERIES K

#1 small.pngSan Jose Sharks vs. small.pngDetroit Red Wings #5

Network

Thursday, April 29 at San Jose, 9:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

Sunday, May 2 at San Jose, 8:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

Tuesday, May 4 at Detroit, 7:30 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

Thursday, May 6 at Detroit, 7:30 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

*Saturday, May 8 at San Jose, 10:30 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

*Monday, May 10 at Detroit, 7:30 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

*Wednesday, May 12 at San Jose, TBD TSN, VERSUS

SERIES L

#2 small.pngChicago Blackhawks vs. small.pngVancouver Canucks #3

Network

Saturday, May 1 at Chicago, 8:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS

Monday, May 3 at Chicago, 9:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS

Wednesday, May 5 at Vancouver, 9:30 p.m. CBC, VERSUS

Friday, May 7 at Vancouver, 9:30 p.m. CBC, VERSUS

*Sunday, May 9 at Chicago, 8:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS

*Tuesday, May 11 at Vancouver, 9:30 p.m. CBC, VERSUS

*Thursday, May 13 at Chicago, 8:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS

- * denotes if necessary

- All Times Eastern

I hope they make it to the Stanley Cup match for you too. The Bruins are the favorites to beat the Flyers this round, then next round will be entertaining for sure. If the Habs, then we face our rivals with a good chance of beating them, a very physical series with some fights. If the Penguins then the Bruins will be on Cooke, and there's a potential for Marc Savard (who will be finally back on ice after the concussion Cooke gave him from behind) to get some revenge on Cooke.

But first thing's first, we gotta beat the Flyers.

small.png vs. small.png

Game 1 - Sharks win 4-3. Looks like the Sharks took an early lead and the Red Wings just couldn't come back. 3 goals in 1:19. Ouch.

Game 2 - Sharks win again 4-3. Game recap here

Game 3 - Sharks win 4-3 in OT.

Game 4 - Red Wins win 7-1. Amazing!

Game 5 - Sharks win in a heartbreaking 2-1.

Sharks win the series 4-1, Eliminating the Red Wings, and moving on to Round 3. (Sorry Red Wings fans. :shady:)

small.png vs. small.png

Game 1 - Penguins beat the Habs 6-3. Penguins were 4/4 on Power Play.

Game 2 - Habs beat the Penguins 3-1. Andrei Markov on the Habs was injured by.. guess who? Matt Cooke. Cooke himself took a particularly hard check and left the game.

Game 3 - Penguins beat the Habs 2-0.

Game 4 - Habs beat the Penguins 3-2.

Game 5 - Penguins answer the Habs 2-1.

Game 6 - Habs win 4-3.

Game 7 - Habs win 5-2, eliminating the Penguins (last years champs) and moving on to Round 3

Habs win 4-3

small.png vs. small.png

Game 1 - Bruins did great in the 1st period, with a kinda sloppy 2nd period and ok 3rd Period. In Overtime, they killed the Flyers and won the game 5-4.

Game 2 - Bruins did better this time, but a little sloppy towards the ends of the periods. Bruins win 3-2!

Game 3 - Bruins played great even without Krejci. Sucks that he will be out for the playoffs with a dislocated wrist, but we'll deal. Hope McQuaid is ok. The Empty net goal at the end was just beautiful! Flyers fans looked pretty pissed as they left before the game ended. Bruins won 4-1!

Game 4 - Tough loss. Bruins did great in the 3rd and OT though. Scored the first goal, then they played sloppy the first period. 2nd period was meh. Oh well, we'll finish them at home next game for sure! Flyers won this time 5-4 in OT. Beautiful play at the end of the 3rd where the Bruins sent the goalie, Rask, to the bench for the 6th player on the ice and scored with 30 seconds left.

Game 5 - Bruins played absolutely pathetic. The refs sucked too, not calling much on the Flyers. Hope they pick it up next game. This was just bad. Flyers won 4-0.

Game 6 - Bruins tried harder, but they just couldn't get past the Flyers' alternate goalie, and the Flyers were too much on defense. They didn't get enough traffic in front of the net. There was also some real BS calls by the refs. They really need to give it all they've got this next game or they'll be out of it. Come on Bruins! Flyers won 2-1.

Series tied 3-3

small.png vs. small.png

Game 1 - The Canucks beat the Blackhawks 5-1

Game 2 - Blackhawks win over the Canucks 4-2

Game 3 - Blackhawks win again over the Canucks 5-2

Game 4 - Blackhawks win a third over the Canucks 7-4

Game 5 - Canucks beat the Blackhawks 4-1

Game 6 - Blackhawks win 5-1, Eliminating the Canucks and moving on to Round 3.

Blackhawks win the series 4-2

Bah, Hockey sucks.

The fighting's always fun to watch. Eh, to each his own I guess.

Bruins have the first goal of the night thanks to Johnny Boychuck!

LET'S GO BRUINS!!!

Finally updated again. Bruins played beautifully Wednesday night. It sucks that David Krejci is out with a dislocated wrist. Thankfully it's not broken, but we'll have to deal without him for the rest of the playoffs. I hope we sweep tonight!

Red Wings are hanging on. Hope they can turn it around for you, sof.

All updated. Red wings are ahead 1-0 right now. Tough Boston loss last night, but the Bruins were the best of the 3 Boston losses last night. (Bruins and Celtics lost, but worst of all was the Red Sox loss to the evil Yankees. And they lost again tonight. :2T: Oh well, we'll get it next game!)

And so the wings have been eliminated. :(

Well that's the end of another Hockey season for me then.

Yeah, sorry guys. :mad: I gotta go back and check the score but I think it was a heart breaking 2-1.

Looking forward to tonight's game in Boston against the Flyers. I think tonight we'll mop the floor with them.

Yeah, sorry guys. :mad: I gotta go back and check the score but I think it was a heart breaking 2-1.

Looking forward to tonight's game in Boston against the Flyers. I think tonight we'll mop the floor with them.

Yeah I was watching the game and playing Halo Wars while it was on. Thank god I was drinking that night I almost thought we had it. It was a good game, i'll give them that.

...that was just ugly. The Bruins played horrible. Like brainless zombies on skates tonight. Even when the Flyers switched to their back-up goalie. I hope they pick it up next game. This was just painful to watch. Bruins lost 4-0.

They did better tonight, but they're really going to need to give it all they've got if they're to beat the Flyers in *sigh* game 7. At least they looked more awake this game.

Even if they end up winning, Dan Carcillo's still a goon.

daniel-carcillo.jpg

So disgusted at the Red Wings i cancelled my ESPN Europe Sub!!!!

...and now I'm disappointed with the Bruins. Fuck. What a disappointment. Well, next year, Bruins. Next year. Team needs some improvement. They're good. They should have rested Tuukka Rask and put Tim Thomas in goal. losing Krejci didn't help. :( I think it's gonna be Chicago this year, but for me, hockey season is over. Until next year.

small.png vs. Caps+Games+017.jpg

Game 1 - Flyers win 6-0 can't a hole just open up in the ice and swallow up both teams, please?

Flyers lead the series of obnoxiousness 1-0

small.png vs. small.png

Game 1 - Blackhawks win 2-1. Come on, Chicago! Not that I care much right now, but we need a champion team to defeat the remaining evil teams in the east. For the east it's like choosing between a kick or a punch in the dick. Both choices are bad.

Blackhawks lead the series 1-0

CNR_meh.jpg

Archived