Hondo's Bar

Infamous 2

Keth

gi-infamous2-cover.jpg

Eh, can't find anything of the way of decent screenshot or article, but that'll follow soon probably. And yes, that is what the new Cole looks like. He is also getting a new voice actor. Electric charged melee weapons are getting introduced as well, and while Cole is shaping up to be a completely new character, word is that Zeke will be just as annoying. I dug the first one, but didnt fall in love with it, so hopefully changes in this one will help me to warm up to it. Im curious as to how this will affect the story, cause that ending was a total "whaaa?" moment for me.

didnt a trailer leek recently? ill have to check gametrailers.

yeah, i enjoyed part 1, more than i thought i would. but the ending did lock my interest in for seeing what comes of part 2. not usually into sandbox games, but the comic-y approach/style helped.

that said, still sitting on arch's copy of Prototype.

didnt a trailer leek recently? ill have to check gametrailers.

yeah, i enjoyed part 1, more than i thought i would. but the ending did lock my interest in for seeing what comes of part 2. not usually into sandbox games, but the comic-y approach/style helped.

that said, still sitting on arch's copy of Prototype.

No trailer yet.

Scans from GI

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just knocked out inFamous, picked up the Hero edition yesterday and am currently installing. Looks quite promising. Plus I know courier bags are out, but this one's pretty damned tight and I plan to use it no matter how stupid I look.

I need to lure Mal in here to discuss this thing with. Graphically it looks ridiculously better, they've added destruction and it's set in N'awlins, so it's pretty win so far. It gave me the option of continuing from my first game save but don't think it did any more than acknowledge that I was good as opposed to bad and then just offer an arbitrary number of additional slots. I might start a different save from scratch too though just to see if you still start with all the powers you had to earn in the first like thrusters and such.

Of #2? I haven't even looked at the map yet, didn't realise it was another island-based system like the first. To answer though, yes. I'm only on the first few missions as I ploughed on through #1 to get it wrapped up and wanted to at least get a taste of #2 before bed.

A few randiom thoughts on my inFamous exp thusfar:

A reskinned Marvel version of either game would sell like a fleshy, warm ball-cozy. Don't fuck it up by offering different power sets and all that BS, you just get to play as a random guy in this big NY-analogue sandbox and replace the varied conduits & bosses with significant(no cosmic threats, but go up to say, Doom in place of Kessler as a hero or villian) figures in the Marvel U, regular militia or gangs could be HYDRA or SHEILD agents, throw in a few landmarks, it'd be so damned good. The morality system and urban exploration alone are worthwhile.

The perks in inFamous 2 make a lot of damned sense, being able to, as a hero purchase upgrades that allow less accidental civvie damage and whatnot. And I love that while the higher you go it'll still block out key evil missions, wherever you are on the map there'll be an opportunity to go fuck shit up for just a little more sweet xp if you're so inclined. The constant temptation and all...

^agreed, and from the looks of the next x-men game where you play as nobodies (ugh, looks turrible) i cant help playing shit like Infamous and kinda wishing they'd just dupe it. reminds me of conversations with arc years ago where he wanted Metal Gear Solid with Nick Fury, and Max Payne reskinned as the Punisher.

so looking forward to 2 whenever newt's bored of it.

Soooo just finished the evil storyline and--

I had this problem with the first game too, I just didn't feel evil. I felt like a major asshole for sure, but not evil by a longshot. even for the big finale I just felt like a dickhead, but not evil. I wanted missions that involved mass murder with a purpose and for the story to progress to show more drastic character changes. other than that I had a great time with the game.

Overall though it was a much more solid and fun experience than with part one. Loved the new travel upgrades too.

felt like Just Cause 2 a bit there near the end

Evil Storyline:

The Evil Storyline in the first game was by FAR superior, because your evil decisions were made to bring some benefit to you. In this game, you're just following Nix around and making her feel good about herself and her life choices.

• 2 months later...

Archived